MSC Poesia Cruise Review by hmflyer: Not bad!

hmflyer
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Bahamas Cruises

Not bad!

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Bahamas

Went on a quick 3 day cruise on the MSC Poesia on 11/10/10. This was my 2nd cruise on MSC and my 30th overall. I had sailed on the MSC Orchestra in January of 2009 and was not impressed. However was will to give MSC another try and was glad I did.

We flew to Fort Lauderdale on Continental and took a $12 cab to the port. the trip was uneventful. One of the things I really like about sailing from Fort Lauderdale is the close proximately to the airport.

Embarkation is not a strong point of MSC, they are certainly not as polished as most other cruise lines. We arrived at the port at 100p and it took about 1 hour to get on board. They try their best to board people in the order in which you enter the building.

In the embarkation area we notices quite a few "rocker" type people in the area. Tattoos and torn jeans galore. Looked online and sure enough this cruise hosted "shiprocked". Seemingly a metal rock and roll cruise! While this group was certainly different More than your average cruise ship passenger, they seemed to stay to themselves and I didn't find them to be a bother.

We had an outside cabin. It was nice enough although a bit on the small side. Closet space was ample. However the bathroom was skimpy on amenities.

The Poesia is a midsize ship and quite easy to get around. It is a beautiful ship. Marble is everywhere and the lounges are beautifully decorated. The theater is one of the nicest I have seen at sea. The pool area is very nice. There is a dedicated disco area which is very, very nice.

The dining is most improved from our last MSC cruise. They have figured out that Americans like cold water and like to have it replenished often. The food was fine and the menu was quite extensive. While certainly not the best food I have had, it was certainly average. The waiters were very good. We were blessed to sit with a very nice family with whom we had great conversation.

We found the sailing to be light on activities which was fine because we wanted a relaxing cruise. This may also be because portions of the ship were closed off for the previously mentioned Shiprocked gathering. I would hope that there would be more activities on a longer cruise.

The shows in the main theater were fantastic. They were scheduled at 745p, so they were between the 2 sittings at dinner. The shows lasted roughly 35-40 minutes, a length which I find to be perfect. The quality of the shows was excellent. Fantastic singing, dancing and aerobatic acts. These may be the best shows at sea.

The service on the ships was fine, I had no issues. It was certainly much improved over my previous MSC Cruise.

Disembarkation was very quick as we took all of our bags off ourselves. We were at the airport by 800a.

Overall I was satisfied with this cruise. MSC is not my favorite line, however I would certainly take them again if the price was right. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Oceanview Tasso Deck 5042

Outside cabin #5042. Average size. Great blackout curtains. Comfortable bed, uncomfortable pillows. Good closet and drawer space. Small bathroom. Virtually no bathroom amenities.