Azura Cruise Review by Linda Saunders

Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Southampton
Cabin Category: JG
Cabin Number: B222
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
Wow, what a holiday!
I have just returned from a brilliant, unique, transatlantic cruise to the Caribbean. The Azura can only be described as absolutely stunning. It is as beautiful as any 5* hotel, with service and food to match. However, unlike any usual hotel the view(when in port)changed daily. My husband and I booked a balcony stateroom, which was worth every extra penny we paid for it. If only I could sit and drink tea while watching the sun shining on the ocean every day!

The prices, on board, were not excessive. We took advantage of daily offers, which included half price bottles of Champagne. I also made use of the Spa by using my 'on board credit' for a massage. There was a team of young, enthusiastic, photographers who managed to capture me without a hint of an increasing frame (due to the fantastic food)or a 'bingo wing'.

I have no idea how I can give as much praise to the restaurants, and their staff, as is warranted. We had every intention to eat in Sindhu, Seventeen and the Glasshouse but the club dining was just too good. If something was not to our taste our waiters (Henry and Rahul)would bring something else. It came across that it really was their pleasure to serve us.

Our stateroom was well designed to make excellent use of the space and well kept by our steward Crossby.

I really cannot understand some of the negative comments I have read previously. I can only conclude that some people are not happy unless they are unhappy. I look forward to cruising again in the future.

Publication Date: 11/17/10