“Beautiful cruise with unpleasant ending.”
Cruise review of Holland America Eurodam

papagCG Eurodam 5 Beautiful cruise with unpleasant ending.
papagCG
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I(late 60s, early 70s)took our first cruise with Holland America, 9/16/2010. We found the Eurodam to be very attractive, clean and well designed ship. Also, the entertainment facilities, restaurant areas and lounges to be very pleasant and accommodating. Our stateroom was well taken care of by our steward.

Our stateroom was directly below the Lido deck where diners could sit and eat outside the buffet next to the pool. The walking and moving of chairs and tables could be heard from early morning to 1 AM. Difficult sleeping!

We had many ports that included tendering. That was handled very smoothly.

This was a relaxing cruise due to the easy going pace for a group of passengers our age and older. No one was in a hurry except when it was dinner time.

An incident involving my falling backwards through an unsecured doorway between verandas that we were unaware of and reported four days earlier by the occupying persons,was not pleasant. After my visit to medical for x-rays and medication, we never saw a staff member regarding the incident. We wrote emails and a letter to Holland America and they refuse to discuss or acknowledge the incident. Unfortunately, we missed out on a formal dinner, entertainment, and shore excursions. I'm still in pain two months later.

Eurodam Cruises to Canada & New England
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

VB8046
The locatin of our cabin, midship, was a bad choice. As mentioned earlier, we were directly below the poolside deck where people sat to eat and relax. We heard walking, tables and chairs being moved from early morning to 1 AM. Our steward did a great job. We enjoyed having our breakfast delivered most mornings. Plenty of closet and storage areas, more than we have had on other ships. The safe was easy to use. The bathroom was well designed and ample.

Port
This was our fourth visit to Bar Harbor, Maine and we still love it. We walked up Main Street many blocks and then through the many neighborhoods. We were amazed at the sites and friendly residents. We ate lunch at our favorite West Street Cafe - more mussels, lobster roll, lobster salad,and Maine blueberry pie ala mode. Great city for pictures. Unfortunately, part of West Street's old shops are being torn down for a new hotel.

Port
Sidney, Nova Scotia was next on the agenda but the hurricane Igor prevented that. We stayed in Charlottetown and then headed for Halifax, Nova Scotia the next morning. On a previous visit, we saw Peggy's Cove (beautiful, scenic) so we chose to walk the entire waterfront and visiting shops along the way. Again, great seafood and photo subjects!

Read 469 Halifax Reviews
Port
Unable to go ashore due to a fall the day before. My cruise ended here.
Read 142 Newport Reviews
Above and beyond our expectations. My hobby is photography and I love seafood. Quebec City is a very clean, yet old city with plenty to see and do. Worth a weeks visit.

Published 11/16/10
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Eurodam Review
Eurodam Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?