Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by NancyC

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Best of the Best
PRECRUISE:This was the 3rd of 3 b2b2b cruises. Sailed Grandeur on a 4 nighter out of FLL, transferred to Miami with SAS, sailed Majesty on a 4 nighter, returned to FLL with SAS, stayed 1 night at Sheraton FLL airport and used Royal Caribbean transfer to FLL cruiseport. This was our only problem with the entire trip. Our Royal Caribbean transfer to the cruiseport was to pick us up between 1l:30 and 12:00. When they still weren't there at 12:25 I called RCC and after several minutes on the phone I was advised that they couldn't get them to answer the phone and I could take a cab and they would reimburse me. The Sheraton bellman told us that they were quite often about an hour late and that it would be a big bus. We took a cab and it was only $20 and we didn't have to wait while they loaded a large bus with passengers and luggage.

ARRIVAL AT PORT: Arrival at port was smooth and getting on the ship was very easy, about 10 minutes total. Because of Hurricane Tomas passing by the Captain changed our Nassau port to the end of our cruise instead of the beginning of the cruise, which I think is a better fit for this cruise. We could spend the first two days getting to know the ship, rather than in port.

SHOWS: We had prebooked our shows (these can be booked about 90 days ahead of time online) and we were glad we did. We did late seating for dinner although we prefer early dining because it seemed to fit with show times better. We heard a Diamond member who didn't know to prebook shows complaining about missing shows and having to stand in the standby line for the shows to try and get a seat. We did do the standby line for the Comedy show (we arrived 30 minutes early) and got in after a 15 minute wait. I don't think they prebook all of the seats eventhough they will close online prebooking. There shows are like Las Vegas shows. The Come Fly With Me Show is amazing.

OUR CABIN (BOARDWALK VIEW): This cabin had the best of both worlds to me. It had a view at the back at the water, a view of the water shows (which we watched from our balcony) and a view of the activities on the boardwalk. Our cabin was third from the back of the ship and a long walk to the elevator, but we liked it. The activities on the Boardwalk were kid parades, Johnny Rockets waiters dancing, the diving show, clowns making balloon animals, and the carousel.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: WOW!!! Shows, friendliness of crew, cleanliness of the ship, and the dining room. The public areas were above my expectations: LARGE and BEAUTIFUL. The ship only felt crowded in the Windjammer. We didn't return there we learned there were so many other dining venues that we didn't use the buffet and enjoyed eating at different venues for each meal and we only dined at free venues. (Windjammer, Dining Room, Promenade Cafe, Park Cafe, Johnny Rockets for breakfast, Solarium, Donut Shack, and Sorrento's. Sorrento's and the Park Cafe were our favorites. I truly forgot I was on a ship which is my only negative about this ship. It has very little outside deck space. From the pool and sports deck you are so high up you lose the feeling of the sea. Deck 5 has a wraparound jogging track, but it is behind the life boats and only has limited views of the sea and no sitting areas. Everything else was A+.

Publication Date: 11/16/10