“Some Surprising Disappointments”

suitelou
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We traveled with three other couples one of which is also a veteran cruiser (26+). We found the ship to be clean, comfortable staterooms, good service and enough to keep us busy. The ice show was excellent however the production shows were the worst my wife and I have seen in 19 cruises. My friend was so disgusted he walked out in the middle of two of them and one of the other couples skipped two shows after seeing the first one. Conversation at dinner and with other couples we met on board reinforced our opinion on the quality of the entertainment. In addition to the poor quality of the production numbers I don't know if it was a contest between the orchestra , which was excellent, and the singers to see who could be the loudest. The orchestra should accompany the singers not drown them out. Maybe they were trying to cover the singers who seem to do nothing but scream into their mikes and couldn't hit a note if they tried. Peggy Lee is spinning in her grave at their rendition of "Fever". During the other nights two of the comedians were pretty good but the third juggler/comedian wouldn't make it at a third grade birthday party. I've never written a review before because in general I had nothing to complain about but this was extremely disappointing and my opinion was not unique.

I would like to commend the Captain for changing ports from Hati to Nassau in order to avoid hurricane Tomas. He out ran the storm and kept the ship in calm waters.

Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Port
I've been to San Juan may times and no ship spends enough time there. It seems you get there at 7 and leave at 2 or get there at 2 and leave and leave 8.

Read 2,274 San Juan Reviews
Published 11/16/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Liberty of the Seas Review
Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?