Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by suitelou: Some Surprising Disappointments

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Some Surprising Disappointments

Sail Date: October 2010

We traveled with three other couples one of which is also a veteran cruiser (26+). We found the ship to be clean, comfortable staterooms, good service and enough to keep us busy. The ice show was excellent however the production shows were the worst my wife and I have seen in 19 cruises. My friend was so disgusted he walked out in the middle of two of them and one of the other couples skipped two shows after seeing the first one. Conversation at dinner and with other couples we met on board reinforced our opinion on the quality of the entertainment. In addition to the poor quality of the production numbers I don't know if it was a contest between the orchestra , which was excellent, and the singers to see who could be the loudest. The orchestra should accompany the singers not drown them out. Maybe they were trying to cover the singers who seem to do nothing but scream into their mikes and couldn't hit a note if they tried. Peggy Lee is spinning in her grave at their rendition of More "Fever". During the other nights two of the comedians were pretty good but the third juggler/comedian wouldn't make it at a third grade birthday party. I've never written a review before because in general I had nothing to complain about but this was extremely disappointing and my opinion was not unique.

I would like to commend the Captain for changing ports from Hati to Nassau in order to avoid hurricane Tomas. He out ran the storm and kept the ship in calm waters. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 7

I've been to San Juan may times and no ship spends enough time there. It seems you get there at 7 and leave at 2 or get there at 2 and leave and leave 8.

Read 1361 San Juan Reviews