Eurodam Cruise Review by Debbie-in-florida

Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
HAL, We'll never cheat on you again
This was our 18th cruise. Our last was on the MSC Poesia in February, our first and last on MSC. The Eurodam was like the commercials say it will be. The service was exemplary; everyone we encountered was friendly and smiling. In speaking with the staff they expressed pride in working for HAL. On the captain's welcome night, we went to the 8 PM toast and assumed we would have slow service at dinner afterward due to the influx of people all at once. Not so. We did not have to wait on anything.

The food was excellent. I thought I should not expect lobster in this economy but they served it. They served "land and sea" which was a small fillet Mignon and 2 shrimp. They also had "Surf and Turf" which was another small fillet with a lobster tail. My steak was cooked as I ordered it and the lobster was perfect. Our waiter removed it form it's shell table- side. Then he volunteered melted butter. How different from MSC's dry, amonia-smelling lobster tail that I had to wrestle out with a dinner fork and had only a thin slice of lemon to season. They also had excellent escargot. The portions are rather small but I like this. I hate waste and you could always ask for seconds. I loved their room service breakfast, nicely presented and on-time from a smiling waiter each morning. I have never had a lot of luck in the buffets. This was the best one I have experienced. All the pastas were good, good salad dressing, loved the lime-cilantro tilapia.

We had horrible weather 3 days and a stop in Turks and Caicos was canceled due to a hurricane. We went instead to Samana', Dominican Republic. We very much regretted not taking a shore excursion as there is nothing much in walking distance from the underdeveloped port. All the excursions in St. Thomas were canceled due to weather. We go to relax so we were content, anyway.

The Mariner Champagne Brunch was excellent. The waiters hovered and bantered with us. Notable was Zen, who joked with us. I wish I had more names to share but we had an awesome waiter named Risai, I think. Our cabin stewards were Sharif and Risman and they catered to our every whim within minutes.

The shops were the usual. Only saw a little of the shows but they were professional. The ship was immaculate, the bed wonderful. We could not be more satisfied and intend to try to repeat the Eurodam whenever possible. We liked the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam as well but the Eurodam was the best yet.

The Captain is personable and approachable and the Cruise Director, Jason, is witty and entertaining.

One hint, if you have a balcony and it looks like rain, bring in the chair cushions, they get soaked through and take a while to dry.

All in all, we could not be more satisfied and would recommend to anyone.

Publication Date: 11/16/10