Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by wtb6chiny

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by wtb6chiny
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: wtb6chiny
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Great trip, despite Hurrican Tomas! Love the Liberty
Liberty of the Seas was by far the best of the RCL ships I have experienced so far. I have been previously on the Navigator numerous times, Enchantment twice, and Mariner once. I have converted my mother and sisters to cruising, and last year put a deposit down on the 7 day cruise on Liberty out of Miami to St Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee. When I first cruised last year, it was before some noticeable cuts had been made in staffing, food and boarding times. By mid 2009, cabin crews had been cut, food seemed less diverse, and many of the superb crew members that I praised highly on Navigator had been pulled all at once to other ships, likely Freedom Class and Oasis. Happily, I have continued to appreciate the space per passenger ratio afforded on RCL, as opposed to the hip, but extremely tight quarters I found on the new NCL Gem. Had to go outside to breathe on that ship.... But the Liberty truly delivered a WOW once aboard, and the service and amenities were definitely a cut above those on the slightly smaller Voyager Class ships I had known prior. The boarding process in Miami was a piece of cake, although the ship was slightly delayed in boarding due to security inspection. Heard many tiresome, whining seniors and such throughout the trip, sensing nothing would (nor ever did) make them happy. The Royal Promenade was wonderful, I actually booked a fantastic haircut aboard, only to find the CUT ABOVE space would be replaced by a cupcake shop in '11. Oh well. The wonderful flat screen TVs in the rooms were great, and the service I experienced in dining rooms, cabins and at Guest Relations were prompt and courteous. With 4,000 passengers on a full ship, the service was wonderful, and seemed to be improving over time.

In the dining room, food choices had changes somewhat, menus seemed to have a few more choices than last season, and presentation was definitely better on :Liberty than her older siblings. Our waiter, Doristo and assitant waiter Sagar were wonderful. They remembered which rolls we liked with dinner, what we liked to drink, and suggested good wines to pair with meals. They were a delight, and seemed to enjoy working with people very much.

In the Champagne Bar and in the Solarium, drink service was reasonable priced, served quickly and congenially. I really enjoyed the extra space on deck, the ease at finding a deckchair, and really had a blast watching the folks lining up for the FLOWRIDER surf simulator. The seas were a bit rough at times, and the wind whipped up a couple of days, but I had an extremely relaxing time, and really enjoyed seeing the extras that exist on this wonderful, roomy ship. It always feels familiar, comfortable, luxurious, and easy to navigate. I will sail again on Liberty of the Seas as soon as I can. Watching Adventure Ocean Pirate Night was really fun as the little ones took over the Royal Promenade.

Publication Date: 11/15/10