MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Strider 39

Member Name: Strider 39
Cruise Date: November 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Simply awful
I should start by saying that my expectations were low - I read some bad reviews, but thought it wouldn't matter. I'm not a picky eat, will basically eat anything that's put in front of me. I should however say that while I'm not picky, I do notice when things are taken care of, and when they're not. I spend a lot of time staying at 5-star hotel properties, so my views might be a bit skewed, but I'm certainly willing to roll with the punches and take things for what they were...

...that being said - I can't believe how bad this cruse was. I really don't know where to start. Perhaps I should begin with the food. Often served cold, or with visible signs of age - like a skin formed on top of a tortellini dish we had one night. I would always get a laugh how dinner would reappear on the late night buffet as if it were something new and different.

Bartenders were consistently awful. They didn't know how to mix drinks, and they didn't even know how to make the house drinks on the bar menu. Even though we were paying for the drinks, they were VERY weak, and many were rather flavorless.

Rooms were missing basic amenities: no hand lotion, only two towels and two pillows per room. I ran out of soap, toilet tissue.

The crew barely spoke English, and were often rude. You would have to hold the doors for them as they plowed through spaces - in better hotels, the staff waits for you to clear, not the other way around. Their knowledge of the basic rules and features was minimal. If you asked about the most basic of things: for instance, a room upgrade - they didn't have answers.

I was always shocked by the number of plates and glasses that seemed to be lying around in public areas. Nearly every time I dined I'n the buffet, I had to sit at a dirty table - not only with crumbs and spilled liquid, but with other dirty plates.

One of the worst aspects of this cruise was that it was a convention called "ship rocked" which was a heavy metal rock convention - so there were creepy biker dudes and wild chicks hanging all around. There were super loud concerts held on deck when you just wanted to lay out and enjoy yourself, and they monopolized common areas - the theater, disco, lounges etc. At no point during booking did the cruise mention this would be happening. It was clear they didn't care what anyone thought.

I think the greatest demonstration of what this line thinks of the comments of it's customers is that we were told by our waiter that we would receive a survey to complete - he asked us to give him a high score - I would have given him an 8 out of 10, but the survey wasn't even given to anyone in my entire party to complete,

I'm only left to believe that this line perceives the American public as a lower-grade traveler than their normal European customer - so they shine it on and make an appearance, but never actually do the job.... All in all, a horrible waste and disappointment.

Publication Date: 11/15/10