Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by philipsw285

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by philipsw285
Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: philipsw285
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Canary Islands
Cabin Category: 08
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Eclipse to the canarys
i went with my parents and brother they wanted to go on a trip each port day where as my idea of a holiday is not to be stuck on a coach so i explored most of the ports hopefully my day will write a review of their exscursions????????

we live on the essex london boarder so drove to southampton which was fine until we reached the surrey side of the m25 where there was a crash which delayed us for about half hour we stoped at the service on the m3 for a break after the stress of the m25 thinking we had loads of time only for my mum to realise my brother who is 31 and old enough to sort him self out hadn't put he's suit bag in my car.........

no suits a mad trip to find matalan in southampton not what you want....

we got to the port eventualy and had checked in on line thinking it would speed things up...

At the desk where yo sort out all you're card details for you're sea pass thay give you a medical form basicaly looking for major ilness have you had a cold or flu in the last 2 weeks MY BROTHER put yes he had had a sore throate and a bit of a runny nose it stoped me from checking in as we were sharing a cabin he's name was mentioned on facebook for about a week because i was annoyed. needless to say mine and my parrents stress levels were riseing would i kick him overboard on the way out of southampton????

To the ship i was amazed at her size and what they had fitted in.

We found our rooms deck 3 ocean view rooms their not massive but good enough once in the cabin we put our bag s down and went find a resteraunt ocean view i believe was the only one open it was madness i never saw it that busy again for the rest of the cruise.

Once fed and watered we went back to unpack which i did quickley and then explored the ship as i smoke i was out to find all the place i was allowed to which there are many amazingley.

we had our evening meals in moonlight sonata on deck 4 at 6pm each night to make sure we got the same table all the time the food was excelent and the waiters were very good aswell.

breakfast we had our 1st day in the main moonlight sonata but it was to much for that time of day and found ocean view cafe was better and more relaxed.

The main shows in the theatre are excelent big and exstravigant.

On the deck 15 is the corning museum of glass show which i found slightley by accident as i was up there smocking i knew it was there but was amazed at what they were doing in very strong and cold wind at times plus you had the added bonus of on port days the show was at night so i have some beautiful sun sets.

Aqua spa and gym were amazing even tho the running machins are not the best thing to be on in rough seas they face starboard they would be beter faceing the bow as thats genrealy the way the motion goes. The treatments in the aqua spa are bit high in price but good had 2 massages.....

The cruise director and assistant cruise director do a daily show for their tv channel which was very funny and my parents apeared in on one ocasion they were filming it in the lifts. I wanted a copy of this and went to reception and they got me a copy and didn't charge me for it which was very good.

all in all the ship was excelant and i enjoyed myself so much that i'm of again next april for the 4 night cork break....

i'm very wary of going on another cruise company as celebrity has set a high standard as far as i'm concered.

Publication Date: 11/14/10