Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by joiedevivre: Great overall

Overall Member Rating

Great overall

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean

embarkation: Easy. We live locally so we arrived at 2.Others complained who arrived early.

room. Adequate. Great hairdryer. Brought my own toiletries.

Service. Friendly. Valentino and his partner great stewards. The Maitre D from Jamaica talked to you every eve. in the Venetian. Talked with interest.

Food. Good. Ate at the Venetian . Went on this cruise for the itinerary not the food. Salads good. Asparagus every night. Vanilla ice cream and fresh pineapple. Their desserts were their weak point. Ate at the Bistro by the pianist. He was Italian. Made for a romantic dinner.

entertainment. Above average. Loved it all. I think this was the best ship for entertainment. They want you to linger,to drink..... Matt baker always great. This was the third time with him. Cruises need animators not just CD.

Ports. Great. I love the long day in Tortola. There are so many choices in port.Semana, though not a beautiful town,but once you get out into the More country it is gorgeous. We did the horse back ride and swam in the beautiful el limon waterfall. Next time I want to go to Playa Rincon. Weather was great,just missed Tomas.

Ship: a bit aged. Get rid of the plastic plants. I think they people on the older ships by tantalizing them with good itineraries. I cruise for the excursions and if the food and entertainment is good then its a bonus. The negatives were. Lots of people in the Garden buffet and no place to eat at the back of the ship. You had to pay to use steam room. Guilty feelings for not ordering drinks all day and night.

Positives. entertainment and itinerary.

Would cruise NCL again Less

106 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X