Oriana Cruise Review by marypw: Wonderful everywhere else except Reception

Wonderful everywhere else except Reception

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: San Francisco

Our cabin was great, good view from the window, our cabin steward was helpful, kept everything in very good order, I couldn't fault anything there.

The dining staff were attentive, friendly, amazed me by remembering things, (like did I have coffee with milk or not). The food was well prepared, served and always perfect, the variety of the menu was staggering. Each meal, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner, it would have been impossible to not find something delicious even for the most 'picky' eater. The presentation was excellent.

The ship was always clean, the entertainment staff friendly and helpful. The evening shows were always wonderful.

The only thing that was unfortunately not up to standard was the reception staff.

It appeared to me that they would tell you anything just to get rid of you.

We had a problem with the shaver power point in the bathroom, when I asked for someone to check it, I was told that there was another power point More near the bed.

I knew that this was not so, but she insisted it was correct.

Also the captain announced that a survey was being distributed.

I went to reception 3 times over 4 days requesting a copy of the survey. Each time I was assured that one would be delivered to our cabin. In fact the last person insisted that he would deliver it personally. It never arrived.

Why I couldn't just be given one on the first request is incomprehensible!

If for some reason, it was a limited survey, that was not included in the captain's announcement. I feel that it was just slack staff!!

Would this minor problem stop me from cruising again, the answer is a definite NO. But I do feel that P&O need to be aware of some staffing problems. Less

Read more Oriana cruise reviews >>