Carnival Elation Cruise Review by LiveLAUGHLove21

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Elation Cruise Review by LiveLAUGHLove21
Carnival Elation
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

We had a blast!! It's all what you make it out to be!
This was our very first cruise. We booked it in February so we had plenty of time to save for this trip and plan for what we wanted to do in our ports. I'll start off by saying I checked this site DAILY for new reviews- about a month before we left I was so excited I could hardly stand it and reading new reviews as a highlight of my day so I knew once I was done I'd have to post my own!

THE SHIP-

Embarkation took a while- probably close to two hours. I heard many people say that was the longest they had ever waited. Before we even marked we waited in line for about 30 minutes. With the excitement running through our veins that wait was hilarious! We were just sooo excited! At this point I was on vacation and VERY excited and I didn't care so the two hour wait to embark upon the ship didn't bother me one bit!

Got our "Carnival" picture just before boarding- bought it too as we looked very happy :)

The ship was amazing!!!!! We had an ocean view cabin and it was plenty big! The window was huge and it was great to wake up the first morning and see that the water was sooo blue- just a really deep beautiful blue color! The bathroom was plenty big! We were hardly in the room anyways! Our room steward, John Paul, was AWESOME!!! Our room was always clean and at night sheets turned down with our cute little towel animal and two chocolates!

Food food and more food! It was available to you at all times. If someone told me I HAD to tell them something negative about the cruise, the ONLY thing I would say is the food could have been warmer- it was generally not warm, however, you really need to understand that they are serving tons of people, literally, so I didn't care!

We did anytime dining and I really enjoyed this- we didn't have to worry about doing or not doing something because of what time we needed to get into the dining room. It was so nice inside- well everything was really- all the lounges, the hall ways, the eateries- everything was beautiful- but the dining room was very fancy! We generally always had Wayan as our server he was amazing- as was all the servers- you could tell everyone really enjoyed getting to know their server, etc. I was normally so full from salads/app./entree that I only had desert like twice- I just can't pass up on tiramisu! Sushi was good, deli sandwiches were good, pizza was good, buffet was generally good.

Activities- they were plentiful! It was great every night before bed you'd get the next day's itinerary with a detailed version and that a great little "strip" of paper you could tear off and take with you it always would say where in the ship it would be located! Every hour there was probably four to five things you could do! We enjoyed the comedians, the game shows (Marriage show was hilarious). We played some bingo one day and roulette in the casinos a couple days! The hairy man contest was hilarious and not what it sounds like- like the announcer said "it's not how hairy you are but what your attitude is like" it was pretty darn funny! We enjoyed the gentleman who did the ice sculpting he was amazing (he's been doing it for 20 years). We played miniature golf and enjoyed the hot tubs in the Serenity Deck (adults only).

All the workers were SOOO NICE!! Generally speaking all the cruisers were nice too!! Some people just don't know how to be happy and those people, well they just need to calm down and enjoy the wonderful life God has given them!

Although this was our first cruise I really could say nothing bad about it! I think five days was plenty long- we both agreed 7 days would be too long but 3 days would be too short so 5 was perfect! We will be cruising again and getting a bunch of people to go next time- just remember- don't stress about it and just relax and have fun!!! The fun will be there you just need to enjoy it!

Interested in port reviews? I'll be posting about our extremely fun time in the ports under the "port review" area!!

Publication Date: 11/14/10