Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by james cooke: Paradise Lost

Paradise Lost

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

Having booked over a year agowe had plenty of time to anticipate the trip,we even went on th Victoria to tesr the water.

Arrived at the Southhampton Hilton as prvious cruise cant fault it well organised clean tidy food good staff the same as last year,apart from noone manning Cunard desk,must have cut the staff back.

Good nights sleep,breakfast supposed to have been famous,was last year, this time no staff no food,perhaps they too where cutting staff,never mind on the coach and of to the ship.

Boooking in procedure very efficient.

Up the gangplank wheres the ship,never mind plenty of days to see ino farewell do must be cutting staff back.

Find the cabin our friends are next door but one,we are 8025 our friends 8029,into the cabin,open the door to the balcony,same view as last year feel at home already,back in the room sharpish,smoking next door,smoke drifting over.

Off to the leaving party,experienced cruisers lol,playing the game More dodge the photographers,party my elbow been to better wakes.

You bored yet,full of anticipation of we go to the Britannia restuarant,staff superb,food good.

LIdo,tea making facilities poor after first day laid out wrong probably due to hot water system for tea making failed,Burcos arrived after 11 days.

Britannia breakfast must be rated amongst the top one in the world,sorry I mean in the list for poor quality,its appalling,i repeat its the worst I have ever had anywhere

Cant use the balcony smoke worse corridor wreaks, air conditioning pushing smoke through vents in door from next door.

REad the brochure carefully,smoking allowed in the rooms,pity the people who had room 8027 this week,they arrived to clean the room with specialised vacuum cleaners even beforethe ship was vacated so they knew they had a problem.

The lady mentioned the Dorothy club,what a gay time was had by all,like packs roaming the ship,best entertainment I had all week was watching some Americans trying to take some upskirt photos of a man wearing a kilt,true outside the toilets on the way to the Britannia restuarant.

Entertainment.comedian brilliant band brilliant,saw the lady with the flute on the Victoria,was good but already seen the act,multiplaying muscian DIRE,singers leave a lot to be desired.

If you drink,be prepared to wait for service,shall we discuss the measures,be warned all is not what it seems,never seen so many short measures in my life,why they bother to stock take at the end of the night amazes me.Drink at casino bar only chance of a fair measure.

Casino,odds beyond me,only one history showing on roullette, table broken they said on the one table,could cunard please check the system they play,I admired the staff for the way they could get double zero.

The lady in the previous report said she was home for 12.30,we were stuck in the garden room for hours waiting to disembark excuse was the weather,bullshit it happens every time priorities given to other passengers if you stay at the hilton you leave last.

Im not by nature a complainer,this I find to be a fair critic of our time on this cruise,it is not White Star service,it does really fall short.

No good sending me any more offers Cunard. Less

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Elizabeth Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Elizabeth Balcony Deck 8 8025

8025 good cabin close to lifts worth booking,make sure its no smoking

KIdderminster on a poor night

pity about the rain but cant blame cunard

thats another story

had coffee in the hotel,well worth th trip.

Read 191 Monaco Reviews

too far from port,better off going to a sunday market