Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by andre4259: Grandeur was Grand

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Grandeur was Grand

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

I had not cruised on a smaller ship. This changed my mind. The ship size seems to suit my needs better than larger builds. Why? Well I liked the fact that dinning option were limited to the main dining room and the buffet. This makes a more affordable cruise. I have spent countless dollars on up sells to a special dinning experience. The Gatsby did all the same type of foods without the up-charges with just one exception a filet mignon. Food quality was exceptional and the service was prompt and the food always came out the way it was supposed to.

The size of the ship did limit the number of passengers (only 1600) which seemed rather manageable. The public areas were fashionable and not over the top or garish. All of the amenities were in the right place and with only nine floors the ship was real easy to navigate. Room accommodations were what i expected and even the inside room was well lighted and appointed quite well.

Here is the one negative thing I will say More that RCCl should take into consideration. They consider the ship to be a smoke free environment. Not so fast RCCL! Smoking is allowed in bars and lounge areas. Nothing can turn me off as fast as the smell of a cigar in Viking Crown room. Balcony rooms are allowed to smoke outside on the patio. Now I don't care who smokes. Heck I worked for a tobacco company. Most societies have adjusted to the ban on indoor smoking Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 2555

The cabin was on the lowest deck and seemed very quiet and clean. Our room steward was friendly and kept us in clean towels, ice, and ship shape!

Here again the port helped in the disembarkation process. They managed to make a very wet and rainy experience into an easy off the ship and on to my transfer to the airport

The port was ok. The thing lacking was the poor infrastructure in and around the city. What did make up for this was the pleasure of getting over to a wonderful beach resort named Maya Chan. This was my best beach day in a very long time!

(5.5)
Absolutely a spectacular setting. The port at the international pier was clean modern and offered a variety of shops and services.

Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

This port was in Costa Rica. Not really a rich coast at all. Poverty in the city was rampant. However the port lead me to the rain forrest with a first class echo tourism experience. This was our most pricey shore excursion but worth every penny of it!