Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by trman903: Second cruise on Explorer

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Second cruise on Explorer

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

This was my second cruise on the Explorer of the Seas, last one was in 2008.

It was also over Halloween. Embarkation was a breeze as my girlfriend is a

Platnium Member, so we were on the ship in no time. Room was ready at 1:30pm which was when we got on the ship so we went up to the Windjammer for lunch.

We went to our first Meet & Greet with Cruise Critic, had a good time meeting some of the fellow Cruise Critics. Weather was good except for a few rain showers, but they did not last long. Visited four ports, Labadee, Samana DR., St.Thomas and St.Kitts. Did not care for Samana as it was a very poor looking area, while there are nicer areas in DR. St.Kitts was nice did the Sugar Train tour around the Island. When we did the last cruise we had a good waiter and I stayed in contact with him via E-mails and I found out he was still on the Explorer, so I contacted RCI and requested to be put at his table and we were. It was great having him as our waiter More again. The Explorer was celebrating her 10th birthday as she was debuted on October 28th 2000, which was the day we sailed. For a ship that old she was in good shape, yes there were rust spots outside the ship, but you would be too if you sailed as many cruises as she has. I would sail on her again anytime. Food was good in the main dining room. The buffet was typical buffet food. The shows were good, they even had Lenny Welch perform, he is a old time rock an roll star from the late 50's. The ice show was great. Disembarkation was easy also. All in all it was a great cruise. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>