Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by lippyclan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by lippyclan
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: lippyclan
Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: AX
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Western Mediterranean
My husband and I were on the last sailing of the season to Western Mediterranean, but did not continue on for the transatlantic. We disembarked back in Barcelona. I have mobility issues so I will talk about that as well.

The Constellation was a beautiful ship, I don't know what it looked like before the renovations, but all we could see was beauty and glamour. Our stateroom was a handicap accessible room with a veranda. Everything was gorgeous, and the bathroom was quite large, which suited my needs perfectly. The shower was a roll-in with a seat. I rented a mobility scooter from CareVacations, and when the one at the hotel in Barcelona did not work properly, we called them up and they had a new one delivered directly to the ship. It was in our stateroom when we arrived. I was able to scoot around the ship although the dining room was tight, I had to leave it outside the room and walk to my chair.

Now to the dining. We were on a Celebrity cruise in 2000, before they decided to institue "specialty dining". The food and the presentation back then was impeccable. We raved at the choices and the quality of the food. All the food back then was "special". Since they've decided that we should be paying extra for the "special food", the main dining room fare was exactly that...fair! We were disappointed in the food, although our dinner at the Tuscan Grille for $30.00/pp was wonderful. Apparently, they decided to sacrifice the main dining room in order to charge you for the good meals. Quite disappointing.

Another thing that upset me was the internet. They charged for your package which was no problem, except that you were paying per minute, and the speed of their internet was nothing other than slow. I wasted 10 minutes @ .61 cents per minute doing nothing but waiting.

Finally, we were disappointed in the photography. The best picture of my husband and myself was one where there were drinking glasses on a tray behind my head, so it looked as though they were coming out of my skull. We did not buy any pictures.

We did enjoy the cruise, we had a wonderful time, we met wonderful people. We were especially happy with our tours. We only booked one from the ship, the others were private tours with individual drivers. Romeinlimo.com was who we chose for Florence & Rome. We were utterly thrilled with them. We added two people to our tour, so they sent us a minivan which also fit my mobility scooter. We were taken to places that accommodated the scooter and I was able to see everything. Our drivers were knowledgeable and friendly. Memories were made because of them, and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

All in all, it was a great cruise, and we had a wonderful time.

Publication Date: 11/09/10