Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by sipkowitz: horrible cruise

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

horrible cruise

Sail Date: November 2010

I returned from a cruise on Celebrity Solstice on Nov 7, 2011. This was my 29th cruise. To say I was disappointed would be a gross understatement. While the ship is beautiful and the crew with one exception was fantastic the cruise was a total disaster. I had previously sailed with Celebrity and it was exceptional.

To begin, the entertainment was extremely lacking. The only show with a comedian was the late show (11:00PM) which I must admit was very good but not in the main Solstice theater.. Most shows were the same singers and dancers which was rather meek at best. Activities during the day were almost non existant unless you are into galley tours and glass blowing.

The food was probably the biggest disappointment. The Captains dinner served 1/2 of a small rock lobster tail, one scallop and 4 shrimp. No drawn butter was available for the lobster. Other meals were rather bland and tasteless.

If you are a smoker, forget this ship. The only place to smoke More indoors is on the 14th deck and there are but a few tables. You are not even permitted to smoke on your balconies or in the casino.Outdoor smoking is limited to very few areas on the port side of the pool and deck 5 port side.

Many guests were disappointed with the optional dining which is priced rather high. While my meal was great, my wife's steak was tough. When I complained nothing was done to correct the problem. Room service was the slowest I have encountered on any cruise.

I would not return to this ship for free. This is the only cruise I have taken where I was actually glad to disembark. Do yourself a big favor and go on a Princess cruise. How this ship gets a 5 star rating is beyond comprehension. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Inside Stateroom Sunrise Deck (7) 7304

The cabin was one of the very few things which were good on this boat. I won't even call it a ship. Never again.