Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by pitbullmom5: First time Honeymoon Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

First time Honeymoon Cruise

Sail Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

We only live 40 minutes from Galveston so we arranged for a family member to drop-off/pick-up which saved us a little money. Two weeks before our sail date my husband upgraded our room to a ocean view suite which also included VIP.

Embarkation- We were dropped of at 11:20AM and were on the ship in less than an hour and eating lunch with no buffet lines. We chose to check-in 3 our bags and the last one didn't arrive until after 7:30.

Room- Our steward, Ninja, was wonderful and very friendly. He even called us by our names every time he saw us, very impressive. The room was cleaned twice a day and every evening we found a different towel animal. The room upgrade was a real treat, very spacious, with a great view and a nice size balcony.

Food- We chose to do your time dining which was really nice, we only ate in the dining room twice. The food was pretty good and there hardly any lines, and the warm melting chocolate is to die for. We really enjoyed the More buffets sometimes it was crowded but not bad. We never did eat at the steak house which is an extra $30/person, but heard it was good.

There was always plenty of stuff to do, everything from bingo to game show style games. I was very impressed with the variety. The first two days at sea we sun bathed on the Lido deck, I wish it was bigger because it was really hard to get a chair if you didn't get up there before 11am and the pools and hot tubs were over crowed at times. The shows were pretty good, and we really enjoyed the comedians, but the illusionist show was the BEST.

Dislikes- I really don't think smoking should be allowed in so many places on the ship, but I guess it would be bad for business. When Hurricane Tomas was threatening to ruin our ports of call I did not like that they didn't give us any weather updates. They could of at least broad-casted it on one of the 6 channels they replay daily events on. My husband didn't like the fact that there satellite had several channels in Spanish and the rest were local Colorado stations.

Overall- We had a great time, and was better than expected. We will definitely be going on another cruise in the near future. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Suite Empress 7231

We decided to book with carnival at this port for the Isla da Passion by Twister and was really looking forward to a lazy day on the beach. When we got off the ship and met up with our group and they told us that all water activities had been cancelled due to high winds, which it was. So carnival gave us a 100% refund. So instead we shopped, sat on the small beach at port and hung out at Three Amigos. Turned out to be a good time. If your gonna shop definitely do it here because they had the best prices.

Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews

I wasn't sure if we would get to go here due to Tropical Storm/Hurricane Tomas but the tenders were running very smoothly with no wait. We didn't book with carnival, instead I decided to book through Moby Dick tours which is an awesome, locally owned, and very professional excursion for snorkeling and stingray city. They do not require a credit card to reserve, and they are waiting for you right at the pier. At $40/person they take you out with a much smaller group than the ship, I really enjoyed the personal experience they give you. I highly recommend them. Thanks to Mark. We also did a little shopping but I found it was a little pricey in some places.

After reading many reviews and it being our first time off the ship, we decided to book our excursion through Carnival. We chose to do the zip-line adventure. I definitely recommend doing this at least once in your lifetime. The Montego Bay itself was a little scary, after our excursion we still had several hours so our driver took us into town. The people are very pushy. They try to sell you anything and everything and the taxes are 17% we only made it to Harley Davidson and Margaritaville, which by the way is not good and way over priced.