Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Pat Woods: I want to go again, great time!!!!

Pat Woods
0 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Southern Caribbean Cruises

I want to go again, great time!!!!

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

OMG!! What a cruise. Celebrity is A1 in my book. I fell deplaning in San Juan, once my friend and I arrived at the harbor the staff of Celebriy had me ina wheelchair, given me an icey towel to put on my knee, whisked us through embarkation and brought us to our cabin. Our cabin had a nice layout with plenty of storage. Once settled we went to find the Ocean Cafe & Grill for lunch. What a buffet they serve there and the layout is spread out that you are not in long lines like the last cruise I was on. The waitstaff will assist you by taking your tray and helping you with whatever you maybe looking for. My friend and I split our time between the Ocean Cafe and the Metropolitan Restaurant. We didn't try the Olympic Restaurant as many did. Many were celebrating an occasion. The food served on the ship was excellent.

The islands we visited were very interesting. We took one cruise sponsered shore excuration, they other tours we took from island tour guides at a less expensive More cost. We don't snorkel so those trips didn't interest us. We shopped in St Marteen, Aruba, Barbados, Tortola. We feasted on the local cuisine.

The only complaint we had was the slot machines giving out cash instead the tickets as I would receive on the Carnival Cruse line. I would cruise again on the Millennium. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Oceanview Stateroom Plaza Deck (3) 2141

No sight-seeing here just some shopping and lunch at the Taj Mahal Indian restaurant (very good food) then back to the ship.

Read 681 Aruba Reviews

We took a sight-seeing tour around part of the island, it was a good tour it was offered by an island tour company for a good price. Shopped when we returned and had lunch at restaurant recommended by the cruise director - Ryann's - excellent. Great choice.

Read 701 Barbados Reviews

(5.5)
Beautiful island, we did an island tour around the island to see the sights and sample the local liqueur, then back to the shopping center at the Renaissance Resort and Carnival Casino. A quick stop at the kiosks at the harbor then it was back to the ship for our return to San Juan.
Read 501 Curacao Reviews

A cloudy day sent us on another sight-seeing tour to the rain forest with stops along the way to see waterfalls and to shop at a spice house. No shopping done, went back to the ship for lunch.

Read 355 Grenada Reviews

Took a beach excursion to the Rex Resort. It was so-so, nothing to write home about. Went back to the ship for lunch and use the pool, that was better.

I love this island. This was my 5th time on the island - 3 on cruises and twice flew and stayed there.

It's a so-so port to stop at. If you aren't swimming or snorkeling there isn't much to see in the stop.

Read 501 Tortola Reviews