Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Clemons1

Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Charleston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6A
See More About: Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Very Pleasant time on Carnival Glory.
To start I would like to extend gratitude to Cruise Critic for all of the very helpful information in planning this trip. I just wish I would have found this site sooner. I am going to try to summarize this review based on our thoughts throughout the week and not give a point by point detail.

Sailing on this trip was myself(23) and husband(25).This was out first cruise. As a whole we enjoyed it very much.

ARRIVING:

We had a slight flight scare as we realized very late that our flight was arriving much too close to the ships departure time but we were able to take an earlier flight and the timing was perfect. We wandered around the port of Charleston slightly confused about the best place to be as they weren't boarding yet. There didn't appear to be a general waiting area or signs with instructions. A member of the port security nabbed us(very kind man) and got us on a shuttle that took us up to the terminal.Once through security and check in there was a slight wait to board where too many passengers were all crammed in a too small space. Heading towards the ship our pictures were takin for our sail and sign cards and boom we were on the ship.

ROOMS:

Staff was eager to help and point out our rooms. We had a room with a window. The room in general was much larger than I thought it was going to be. Plenty of plug ins(Plug in for More outlets NOT needed) and counter space and cabinets even in the bathroom.(Hanger for storage on door NOT Needed)Beds very comfortable. Very clean. We did not hear our neighbors but One time when something was obviously very funny.And it is true that housekeeping was like Ninjas. Everytime we left the room and came back bed was made, fresh towels.

ONBOARD:

They want you to drink..ALOT. and they are very expensive. And if you weren't in one of the 50 bars or lounges on board drinking there wasn't a whole lot to do.(They wasted alot of space for all the bars)We did a couple of activities. One being the "magic show"....Smut. The "Glory Dancers"...It was the closest thing to a strip club I have seen. We were really uncomfortable.And the magic was fake and cheesy! The comedy shows were great-Roman and Kim Harrison. The Love Game was cute too. Our cruise director was Gary. Very funny guy.And I won a prize on the call in show so that was a highlight.

FOOD:

ah...so so. There was ALOT of it but the quality was a little slow. Best place to eat was teh Steakhouse. You pay 30 extra a piece but the food was just..art :) And the staff very professional. was not at all impressed with the main dining room. We only ate there twice all cruise. The only good thing with that was the Melting chocolate Cake, and the dancing wait staff.Oh and the chocolate Buffet. Shew..Awsome.

EXCURSIONS:

In Freeport we did the 6 hour kayaking tour. VERY AWSOME. It is very personal it was just us and 3 other couples. You kayak down a slow river that opens to the ocean, then had a beach day, then did some walking through Lucaya national Park. Great.

In Nassau did the Blue lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter. HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP. I booked directly through dolphin encounters to save some money. Finding a taxi was easy yet a little scary. The island is Gorgeous! My husband filmed while I did the dolphin Enco. Worth the money. We then rented snorkling gear and found a private cove and snorkled for hours. Very very neat and so beautiful. We also did lunch there.

*All in all the ship was just so so. We had the most fun on our excursions. Definetly woudl recommend booking through the ship since they take care of the tranportation ect. (The roads down there are crazy and I would think be hard to navigate alone) If you have any other questions or comments feel free to message me.

Publication Date: 11/09/10