Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Jen Noble

Member Name: Jen Noble
Cruise Date: October 2010
Cabin Category: MA

Solo Brit
Never cruised before, never been on an organised holiday before so this was totally new for me...Usually organise advnturous expeditions for students worldwide so cruising turned out to be a little tame and claustrophobic for me!

Few Europeans on board compared to Americans and this as certainly reflected in the entertainment available. Excursions were pretty lame (although bear in mind my usual 'holiday'). Did not have a problem with finding a sun lounger - in fact I had most of the freestyle deck 19 to myself for the 2 weeks! Nagged the hospitality guy to put up a sign saying it was freestyle and adults only as a lot of people were quite shocked seeing topless/naked people sunbathing there! Did manage to crack my head on an iron bar on that deck (by the railing) - by the way if you have an accident you do not have to pay to see the doc - they do not advertise that!

Food was fine, French Bistro so muc better than rest (esp Cagneys - one of the worst meals I have ever eaten!).

Ports on east caribbean - were we really in different places or just sailing round a large island calling into slightly different 'made up' ports, claiming to be St T, St T and Nassau (b the way in Nassau, forget the $15 taxi fare to the beach hotels - get the bus for $1.25 (very regular and stops outside).

West carib - bit more interesting, but still did not feel I had seen the real country.

Studio cabins were cute, one of the best beds I have ever slept in! Although I could not see out of a window I used to turn the tv on to 'view from the deck' to ' see the weather'! Plenty of room for me, although I am used to camping! tbh I would have been more than happy with a hammock strung up on deck 18 - perhaps NCL could introduce this??

Would I go again? not in a rush and not on my own, but nothing to do with NCL. I have noone else to compare them with but think I will stick to backpacking round NZ/Chile etc.

If you guys really like the Caribbean - you should seriously check out Cape Town and Dubai - much better - scenery, accomodation, food, shopping, service and value for money!!

Publication Date: 11/09/10