Carnival Glory Cruise Review by tami60429

Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Charleston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8B
See More About: Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Nice, relaxing Glory Cruise
This was a much needed, relaxing vacation. I have cruised both with family and friends and alone in the past. This time I was by myself and it was really nice.

I flew from Chicago to Charleston the day before and stayed at the Homewood Suites in Mount Pleasant. The hotel provided transportation from the airport and to the port the next day. There was a Target, restaurants and some little shops in the same plaza. This was very convenient.

The ship was scheduled to depart at 10:00 pm. Boarding was to start at 5:30. Of course I was very anxious so I ended up getting there about 3:00. They had just started boarding so it worked out really well. The whole process was smooth and easy. I was checking out my cabin at 3:15.

I was in cabin 6343, standard balcony cabin. This is my only complaint of the whole cruise - the other passengers yelling in the hallway. Not kids, adults. It's the same thing that happens in hotels. I will never understand the rudeness of that.

The food was, as usual, wonderful. I had dinner one night in the steakhouse. That was very, very good. The food was great and they made me feel like I was the most important person on the ship. The main dining room was great as well. Other than the one night in the steakhouse, I had dinner there every night. I had breakfast there a couple of times as well. Breakfast I was not overly thrilled with but it was ok.

I decided to try out the spa on the last sea day. It was nice and relaxing. I was warned about high pressure sales of the products but I only had to say no thank you once and that was it.

I had read some other reviews that commented on the crew not being friendly. My experience was just the opposite. Everyone smiled and said hi.

Publication Date: 11/09/10