Carnival Glory Cruise Review by tami60429: Nice, relaxing Glory Cruise

Nice, relaxing Glory Cruise

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

This was a much needed, relaxing vacation. I have cruised both with family and friends and alone in the past. This time I was by myself and it was really nice.

I flew from Chicago to Charleston the day before and stayed at the Homewood Suites in Mount Pleasant. The hotel provided transportation from the airport and to the port the next day. There was a Target, restaurants and some little shops in the same plaza. This was very convenient.

The ship was scheduled to depart at 10:00 pm. Boarding was to start at 5:30. Of course I was very anxious so I ended up getting there about 3:00. They had just started boarding so it worked out really well. The whole process was smooth and easy. I was checking out my cabin at 3:15.

I was in cabin 6343, standard balcony cabin. This is my only complaint of the whole cruise - the other passengers yelling in the hallway. Not kids, adults. It's the same thing that happens in hotels. I will never understand the rudeness of that. More The food was, as usual, wonderful. I had dinner one night in the steakhouse. That was very, very good. The food was great and they made me feel like I was the most important person on the ship. The main dining room was great as well. Other than the one night in the steakhouse, I had dinner there every night. I had breakfast there a couple of times as well. Breakfast I was not overly thrilled with but it was ok.

I decided to try out the spa on the last sea day. It was nice and relaxing. I was warned about high pressure sales of the products but I only had to say no thank you once and that was it.

I had read some other reviews that commented on the crew not being friendly. My experience was just the opposite. Everyone smiled and said hi. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Upper 6343

Standard Carnival balcony. Quiet other than the guests yelling in the hallway.

Freeport was nice. It was my first time there and I did the Garden of the Groves and City tour. During the tour of the garden, we were given a little history of Freeport as well. I found that interesting. I do not believe this would be a good excursion for kids. I could see them getting very antsy. This excursion included shopping. If any of my future cruises include this port, I will probably consider staying on the ship now that I have seen it.

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

Nassau was great. I got a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. It's a small, clean beach with a pool as well. They only have a certain number of day passes so it doesn't get crowded. The cost was $55 which included a $30 voucher for the bar/restaurant. The BCH is walking distance and it was nice to meander through the shops on the way back to the ship.

You could see the ships from this beach. Even though they were so close, the water was nice and clear.

Read 2631 Nassau Reviews