Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by topangel

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by topangel
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: topangel
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

7-days western med from barcelona
Check-in process: It was fast but staff was not really friendly. I have asked a general question and she said to go at the guests relations desk and turn her back to get rid of me. There was no one behind me waiting on the elite line for check-in. What a nice way to start a cruise. I have wait near (for at least 30 minutes) to see if she acts the same to other or it was just me. I finally realize that she did the same to another couple. I find it so rude for a big cruise line to serve customer (especially we are repeat cruisers and it was the first time it happens).

Guest relations desks on the day at embarkation: Staff was friendly but are not able to answer any of our questions about excursions, credit on board etc... All I got as an answer was ``your travel agent should advised you `` and I can't see it. Finally, on my room stateroom TV, all the details appears and it was clear. I should not asked the questions. I would expect that staff could be a better help but he seems not wanting to answer. That was my second contact after the check-in. From there, I am not feeling comfortable at all asking any questions since I find there is no use anyway. I would expect just a little service from Celebrity cruise line (this was a big disappointment and for all my party also: we booked in total 4 rooms all bacony ).

Stateroom staff: He was very friendly and helpful. He always had a smile. Therefore, we were 3 in our rooms but for the two first days, he only put 2 towels for us to shower. All these details attention, I would expect staff to have this information about guests... and he did not even notice until the 3rd day, I have to mention that we are 3 in the room and need more towels. Moreover, we always put a card in front of the room every morning to not disturb but our stateroom staff does not seem to understand not to bother us in the morning. He always knock when boat dock at around 08:00AM. We are on vacations and want to rest. This again, I have to tell staff on the third day (since I cannot handle beeing disturb at every morning) that if he is in a hurry in the morning, he can skip our room. He can come back at night only.

It never happens to us before that so many incident on the same cruise. The fruit we received on our room were not as great also. An apple is not good to eat and I have to throw it on the garbage myself. I am wondering if it was fruit from the week before that was recycled to welcome us on our first day. I can go on with many more facts but it would be a long list.

So everyone that are on celebrity cruise should be prepare for this. We were on conciege class so we expect a little bit service since we have to pay more gratuities for but it was not the case.

Food/service on dining room and buffet: The only thing we are please with is the service we got from the dining room. That is why we tip them a lot since we appreciate the service. Our waiter and assistant waiter did a great job. The food was ok since it is salty on every plates. We have the impression to eat salt but this is ok since we manage to eat salade and entrees instead of main meal. There is no service at all at the buffet on the 3 first days and it was difficult to find a place to seat for breakfast without dirty plates pilling. After a few days, we got use to that.

On board activities: Activities are minimum and it is not for all ages. The main activities are Bingo, cooking, some dance class and exercice class. It was not as fun as royal carribeen, holland america or carnival cruise lines but this is ok since we are at ports almost everyday.

Entertainment at night: It was good and there is a variety.

The specialty coffee, the gelato and all extra were very good.

Overall, our party of 9 people were very disapointed by this cruise and all the service. We read a lot of good comments on cruise critics this is the reason why we booked for the cruise. I guess we were unlucky.

I would not recommend the cruise for people who wants to have hun and who want kindness and helpful staffs. The price you pay is not worth it. You better book with Carnival or NCL or RCCL etc. which is cheaper but at least, you have service.

Publication Date: 11/09/10