Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by topangel: 7-days western med from barcelona

topangel
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

7-days western med from barcelona

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Check-in process: It was fast but staff was not really friendly. I have asked a general question and she said to go at the guests relations desk and turn her back to get rid of me. There was no one behind me waiting on the elite line for check-in. What a nice way to start a cruise. I have wait near (for at least 30 minutes) to see if she acts the same to other or it was just me. I finally realize that she did the same to another couple. I find it so rude for a big cruise line to serve customer (especially we are repeat cruisers and it was the first time it happens).

Guest relations desks on the day at embarkation: Staff was friendly but are not able to answer any of our questions about excursions, credit on board etc... All I got as an answer was ``your travel agent should advised you `` and I can't see it. Finally, on my room stateroom TV, all the details appears and it was clear. I should not asked the questions. I would expect that staff could be a better help but he seems More not wanting to answer. That was my second contact after the check-in. From there, I am not feeling comfortable at all asking any questions since I find there is no use anyway. I would expect just a little service from Celebrity cruise line (this was a big disappointment and for all my party also: we booked in total 4 rooms all bacony ).

Stateroom staff: He was very friendly and helpful. He always had a smile. Therefore, we were 3 in our rooms but for the two first days, he only put 2 towels for us to shower. All these details attention, I would expect staff to have this information about guests... and he did not even notice until the 3rd day, I have to mention that we are 3 in the room and need more towels. Moreover, we always put a card in front of the room every morning to not disturb but our stateroom staff does not seem to understand not to bother us in the morning. He always knock when boat dock at around 08:00AM. We are on vacations and want to rest. This again, I have to tell staff on the third day (since I cannot handle beeing disturb at every morning) that if he is in a hurry in the morning, he can skip our room. He can come back at night only.

It never happens to us before that so many incident on the same cruise. The fruit we received on our room were not as great also. An apple is not good to eat and I have to throw it on the garbage myself. I am wondering if it was fruit from the week before that was recycled to welcome us on our first day. I can go on with many more facts but it would be a long list.

So everyone that are on celebrity cruise should be prepare for this. We were on conciege class so we expect a little bit service since we have to pay more gratuities for but it was not the case.

Food/service on dining room and buffet: The only thing we are please with is the service we got from the dining room. That is why we tip them a lot since we appreciate the service. Our waiter and assistant waiter did a great job. The food was ok since it is salty on every plates. We have the impression to eat salt but this is ok since we manage to eat salade and entrees instead of main meal. There is no service at all at the buffet on the 3 first days and it was difficult to find a place to seat for breakfast without dirty plates pilling. After a few days, we got use to that.

On board activities: Activities are minimum and it is not for all ages. The main activities are Bingo, cooking, some dance class and exercice class. It was not as fun as royal carribeen, holland america or carnival cruise lines but this is ok since we are at ports almost everyday.

Entertainment at night: It was good and there is a variety.

The specialty coffee, the gelato and all extra were very good.

Overall, our party of 9 people were very disapointed by this cruise and all the service. We read a lot of good comments on cruise critics this is the reason why we booked for the cruise. I guess we were unlucky.

I would not recommend the cruise for people who wants to have hun and who want kindness and helpful staffs. The price you pay is not worth it. You better book with Carnival or NCL or RCCL etc. which is cheaper but at least, you have service. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Concierge Class Panorama Deck (8) 9082

Cabin 9082 from oct 23 to oct 30. Not clean every day (some day, room is clean and other day, it is not). Our fruit basket is not fresh. The apple is pourish and the stateroom staff did not notice it. It has a bad smell and I have to throw on a garbage at my second day on board...I was afraid to eat those fruit with this incident since i was afraid to be sick after. The balcony is big enough and had nice view on the first day at port. Service was not good and I had been bothered almost everymorning and when preparing to go for dinner at night (second seating). I feel like staff want to do the bed early and I always feel like in a rush and not on vacation. I have to let him know kindly and it was ok on the 2 last days... Customer should not do that, staff should know and have our info. It was not the best experience we had on this cruise and we were very disappointed. My party had booked 4 rooms (3 balconies and on oceanview) and some of them have similar experience.

It is worth to go for excursion: PISA and Florence. Be prepare for the whole day excursion. Bring your camera.

Not a lot of thing to see. Half day excursion is enough.

Read 128 Genoa Reviews

Naple is very dirty and not nice. Go to the amlfi coast (pompei etc.), it is much nicer...

You can arrange your own tour and it is cheaper compares to what the cruise line offer.

Read 652 Naples Reviews

Very nice. An entire day excursion is not enough. Visit vatican, sixtine chapel, collisseum, spanish step, trevi fountain etc...

This is one of my favorite excursion. we have booked with romeconnection company. Affordable price and very reliable guide.

Villefranche is so beautiful. It is worth to go to monte carlo.