Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by iluvtocruise33: First time on NCl and probably won't go again.

iluvtocruise33
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Southern Caribbean Cruises

First time on NCl and probably won't go again.

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was my first time on NCL and we went on the Dawn out of Miami. I have been on 18 other cruises 11 with Royal Caribbean and 7 with Carnival and I have to say this will probably be my last with NCL. I was not impressed. We arrived at the cruise terminal at 11 am after driving from Orlando. We didn't get on the boat until after 1 pm something about homeland security checking the ship. We traveled with 3 other family members who flew in from NJ. Our cabin was very nice and the bathroom rather big which was nice. You can tell this was an older ship it had a lot of wear in public places and in the room The safe had all the numbers worn away on it.

The dining room food I was not impressed at all. The same dining room menu for the whole cruise. None of us liked that and even what we did have in the dining room was just ok. We did the buffet a few nights and the food there was not bad. I have never been on a cruise where there were so many people in the buffet for dinner. Not a More good sign. All the other cruises I have been on the buffet had hardly anyone in them which is a good sign that people were eating at the dining room. We ate at Teppanyaki and Salsa specialty restaurants and that was also just OK. The specialty restaurants were empty almost all cruise. Only one pool on this ship(besides the Trex pool for kids)and thank god the ship was not sold out otherwise you would not be able to move in that one pool. The shows were not that great. Comedian was funny along with the ventriloquist and the only other show I liked was Bollywood.

The ports we went to were Dominican Republic,Antigua,Tortola,St. Kitts and Barbados. I would do these ports again but probably not Dominican Republic.

I chose this ship for the itinerary but next time I will look to other cruise lines. I will stick to Royal Caribbean and Carnival where I have always had great times with great food and entertainment. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 8576

We just walked around Antigua this time. I have been here before and the last time we went to a beach and it was really nice. The water was clear and comfortable.

Read 804 Antigua Reviews

We did the shipwreck snorkel excursion and had a blast on this tour. We saw some many fish around the sunken boat and I got great pictures of the boat and all the fish around it we then went back to the beach and hung out in the ocean and had rum punch while we did it. The water was warm and clear. Barbados has really nice beaches.

Read 704 Barbados Reviews

We did the scenic train ride excursion of St Kitts and this was real interesting to be on a train in the open air and we went around the island in the train and heard all about St Kitts. It was a lot of fun.

(5.5)
We did the baths excursion in Virgin Gorda which was great. It was fun climbing rocks and seeing the caves. The water was just great. I would definitely come back and do this again. This was my second time to Tortola and it is a beautiful island.

Read 502 Tortola Reviews