Carnival Glory Cruise Review by cruisejunkee1234: Too short to relax

Too short to relax

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: Norfolk

First let me clairfye that this is my 9th cruise, and after being on may 7 day cruises this one obviously wasn't one of the "best" cruises but it was in fact very fun for the short time we were on the ship.

Since we are from virginia, we figured norfolk would be the ideal port to leave from right? WRONG. Norfolk is a very crammed city that just can't handle being home to a ship as huge as the glory. There was a lot of confusion and I wasn't crazy about the thought of our car being parked 2 miles from the port in a random commuter parking lot. We parked in the parking lot at about 12:45 and didn't walk onto the ship until 4:15. We waited in a massive line that was very unorganized and people were starting to get very grumpy. I don't know if something was going on that made the line so slow but it was ridiculous.

Sorry for all of the complaining, but after getting onboard everything was much better. I'm 19 years old, traveling with my 19 year old friend and my family. More There were very few people under the age of 30 on this ship, it seemed as if it was "a cruise away from the kids."

The glory is a beautiful ship, lots of color and sparkle. In my opinion, you really can't even tell the ship is as old as it is. I really liked the layout of everything except the location of the casino. I felt a tad boxed in when i was gambling, and it was hard to get away from the smoke. As far as the food and service, everthing was up to carnival's excellent standards and they did fit a lot of great activites into 2 short days.

All in all I had a great time, but it was so short that it seemed like there was no time to relax. It is really hard to be excited for a short cruise when you are booked for a 7 day on the oasis of the seas. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>