Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by gal1617: Perfect Fall Getaway

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Perfect Fall Getaway

Sail Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore

I was a last-minute booking and payee, so I want to "thank you" for all your efforts to hold my room..

My cabin was awesome #4006 oceanview and in a good place on the boat for the price ($600 including all fees)..I booked on October 8th for the 10/21 sailing, so the choices were limited. We had late seating dinner (table for 6 at window) with 2 couples, one was an airline pilot and the other was a Black and Decker manager..Perfect matching of personalities..Every meal was interesting conversation with very delicious food..

The cruise staff was awesome..You got a smile from everyone..

The cabin steward was awesome on day1 and wanted to answer any and every need..She was readily available both morning and before dinner..She was always smiling and so pleasant..This made a difference and it was so appreciated..As we walked the hall, even the other stewards were so friendly..You always saw them busy, but happy. This added to the feeling that this cruise is More family..

The dining staff was excellent , we had William and Don Don..They worked as a team made ordering your food so much fun..Remembering your name and your drink was so perfect..Knowing when to just remove your unfinished plate and help you to just move on to desert..always smiling and yet very serious about the food. I was reminded that if I tried something and did not like, it could replaced..

The headwaiter was exceptional..He literally asked us directly the first two nights about our food experience. When I said a "little complaint about tea or cold coffee", the next morning all was immediately better..It was so funny, you would see him everywhere , really concerned for the customers , and making sure all was well. About the 4th night, he was in the silly mod and I saw him more laughing and joking. Job well done..He made sure that every table reported their "true" food experience and when possible he saw that it was corrected..

The entire staff, no matter where on the ship, was excellent..

Everyone was so friendly, it felt like one big family..

I liked the gathering before and after dinner in the Centrum..Always some type of music with the cruise director trying to get all to participate on the floor or by watching...She was electrfying in her laughter and smiles about everything...

I loved the solarium..The water was "fresh" water and very warm..(Bath temperature)..They had food and no music..Usually plentiful chairs, except on very windy days..Whirlpools were roomy and deep...

Yeah for the staff, who made sure that children under 18 were not allowed in the solarium..

My daughter age 28 loved the Viking lounge, she went there every evening about midnight and met nice people and was always escorted back to our cabin..She said the first night , the music was bad, but after a few complaints, it was awesome, with an orderly crowd..

I loved the 2 shows by the dancers , they were about an hour with constantly changing scenes and costumes, entertaining with no vulgarity..Just pure "singing and dancing " talent..Thank You for this very uplifting entertainment..

Ceasar was excellent on the piano and did any request that was asked..I could just hear him play and sing in my memories..

We stopped at all ports with beautiful weather..

There was plenty of time for anthing you wanted to do at each port..

We did not get any excursions, but did local things that were so much fun..

SAN Juan..

Saint Thomas..

No "tender " needed..

Free tram from port to the little shopping mall..

Dominican Republic..

Need a "tender" to get to port..there were no waits..a very good ride..

Motorcycle taxis were awesome for $2 to downtown..

Very cute shops for shopping..

They had kids doing dancing at the port..It was very nice..

Haiti..

No "tender " needed..

This was great beach..lounge chairs, hammocks, great food from ship, and plenty of items for tourists to buy..Also they provided music on the beach..This was just pure refreshment..

Royal Caribbean is serious about loyalty to former passengers..

"Platinum" members are treated very , very , special..

We got robes, coupon book, at least 2 special "evening with drinks and appetizers"..

Checkin and checkout was awesome..

We had breakfast about 8 am and then left the ship about 9:15..

AWESOME!AWESOME!

I am looking forward to my next cruise.. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3 4006

SAN Juan.. No "tender " needed.. We got there on Sunday and went to 5:30 pm Mass at Saint Francis Church..It was so awesome..The church is located on Saint Francis street..to get there and back we walked thru the old city on most interesting cobbled streets, full of friendly people and vendors. There is a free trolley across the street from the port, but the traffic is so slow, that walking was faster..

Read 1358 San Juan Reviews

Saint Thomas.. No "tender " needed.. Free tram from port to the little shopping mall.. We got an $8 taxis (a lot of fun) went to Meagan Bay beach ($4 a person). Truely one of the most beautiful beaches in the world..Lots of sand, breezy trees, and free picnic tables. water was excellent.. sand in the water was smooth as silk..excellent for swimming or floating..about 4 feet deep for about 1/4 mile out..excellent experience..when you are ready to return..plenty of taxis $8 to take you back to port..

Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews