Carnival Dream Cruise Review by SmoothCruzer

Cabin Category: 4D
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        16+ 5+

Dream Holiday Cruise - December 2009
My big disappointment was my cabin location. Cabin 6400 was over the lounge. They played music ever night until 1am. So I could not rest in my cabin until after 1am when the music stopped. I reported it to the purser's office, but unfortunately since the ship was booked completely they could not offer me a cabin change. They sent me a letter of apology and give me a refund onboard credit of 15% of cabin ticket for both my son and I. And 15% discount on my next Carnival cruise. The voucher is good for two years with the exception holiday sailings.

My favorite part of the ship was the Cloud 9 Spa. I purchased a one day pass and loved it and then purchase a pass for the rest of the cruise. The Thalassotherpy Pool and Thermal Lounge was my favorite. Very, very relaxing. I highly recommend it for relaxation. I am doing the Dream again for they holiday cruise 9 day cruise this year 2010. This cruise includes Christmas and New York. This time I book a Spa Balcony on the Spa Deck 12 far from the music and close to the Spa. Unfortunately I was not able to use my 15% discount on this cruise. I will use the voucher on my next cruise on the Magic for my birthday in Europe.

We had anytime seating for dinner. This worked out well for my son and I, since we were travelling alone. With anytime seating you just have to waiting for the next available table in the anytime seating area. We did the Steakhouse on elegant night. The food, service and presentation were excellent.

Ports and excursion okay. The cruise was Eastern Caribbean. Our first port of call was Nassau. It was a bumber since the weather was cold and windy. Some water excursions were cancelled. Time at this port was short 6 hours. The ship docked at 8am and left at 2 pm. We booked the dolphin shallow water excursion. Okay but the day was cold. Temp was 65-70 degrees. Not enough time to tour Atlantis at all. We just pickup our dolphin photos and heading back to the ship. The next port was St. Thomas was much warmer. We did the Helmet Dive. Nice experience but I got my little toe injury on the dive. I was in pain after the dive. I thought I fractured my toe. The next day I visited the ship ER. No charge for this ER visit since I got injury on a Carnival booked excursion. If not charges for the ER would be billed to your ship board account. Thank God the x-rays show no fracture just a bad sprain. The last port was St. Maarten on Christmas Eve. In pain I hopped on a ferry to the shopping center and shop. I bought a Nikon D5000 camera great price. Purchasing the camera was the highlight of my trip in St. Maarten. It was not a planned purchase for St. Maarten but future plan for USA. I did my homework before camera purchase.

Pros, WiFi throughout the ship. Cons, the internet access is too expensive. Many computers available on the ship but not is use. I wonder why? There is a cost if you want to retrieve your email from your blackberry or iPhone. Wow.

There was a great variety of food on the lido deck. Lines at the buffet bar flowed well. Food is the dining room was great was well. My son enjoyed Club O2 for teenagers. My disembarkation excursion to Kennedy Space Center was cancelled due to the lack of response. The purser office was very help in changing my return flight home since the excursion was cancelled. This time we are doing Kennedy Space Center with GrayLine Tours the day before the cruise.

I highly recommend the Dream.

Publication Date: 11/03/10