“Nice Getaway Cruise”

Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I like short getaway cruises but will not book the typical three night cruise if one of the ports of call is Nassau or Freeport. This cruise was unusual. It was the only Bahama cruise of its kind in 2010. The ship was one of the newer cruise ships, it's only port of call was RCL's private island, plus a day at sea. It would had been the perfect cruise had RCL added Key West as one of its ports of call to compliment the stop at the private island.

Liberty of the Seas is a very impressive clean ship. We had a balcony cabin which my wife used quite a bit.

Dining-We got a table for two. The food in the restaurant was above average but the food in the Windjammer was only fair. The dining room staff was excellent especially our assistant waiter Miao. Unlike other cruise lines, the staff in the Windjammer kept the tables cleaned. Also, we never had to wait long in the buffet lines at the Windjammer.

Shows-The only show we attended was the Ice Show. It was excellent. There was a guest skater from St. Petersburg Russia that did a very unusual dance and used as part of her act hula hoop like rings. It was very impressive and her number was the hit of the show.

Staff-We thought the staff throughout the ship was excellent and very friendly. The few times I requested help the staff took care of the issue in a timely matter.

Private Island-This was our second time to Coco Cay. I think this is one of the best ports of calls in the Caribbean. Plenty of wildlife. In the water we saw a three foot nurse shark, 24" barracuda, numerous live seashells, bait fish, grunt fish, needle nose fish, and several stingrays. On land there were numerous iguanas and a few chickens running around. Plenty to do on the island especially for families.

Overall-This was the best short Bahama cruise I have ever taken. I only hope that someday one of the major cruise lines will think outside the box and offer a Bahama cruise that is different than what is currently offered at this time.

Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Liberty of the Seas Review
Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?