Disney Magic Cruise Review by Moi0606

Member Name: Moi0606
Cruise Date: October 2010
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 5C
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
        10-12 2.0

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
1st Time Disney
Had been wanting to take my 12 year old twin boys for a number of years to the Disney Cruise and have to say the three of us loved the experience. The review will be only my opinion but has changed my opinion on cruising so the experience must have been good.

Arrived at Port from Orlando by approximately 10.30 and were on board by 12 noon. I have to say I found the terminal hectic and boaring althought the system of getting guests onboard seemed very organised. Once we were onboard we eat outside at Topsiders which I have to say I loved and continued to do so for the majority of the cruise.

We had room 5130 with a verandda which I absolutely fell in love with and made the entire cruise for me. Worth every penny and still in love with now. Would only go on cuise if I could have one again. The room suited us three very well and the cleaning daily was excellent.

Key West - absolutely loved this port did our own thing with the Hop on and Hop off. Watched sunset from top deck and really enjoyed our sightseeing day.

Grand Cayman - Turtle farm booked through Disney which I thought was expensive but due to tendering did not want to do alone. The day was very hot and again brilliant. Very informative guide and really nice to us UK residents all staff were kept welcoming us home every time they spoke to us. Boys loved the turtles and spent all the remainder of the day in snorkel ling lagoon with fish and turtles. Really loved.

Cozumel - again loved in fact want to return to Mexico soon. Did Chankanaab on our own with taxi and pre booked manatee and sea trek via Internet. Both brilliant. Manatee experience was awesome. Only 3 of us with trainer and in water with them for about 90 minutes. Sea Trek was great bit scarey for me when barracuda came into sight but apart from this absolutely loved the park in general. Also saved $$$ by doing ourselves and very easy to do.

Don't hate me but after this Castaway Cay was a little bit of a disappointment for us. We were luck enough to be able to hire a private cabana. Have to say we had hired one at Aquatica which beat Disney's hands down. Service was just ok and nothing really for $500. My advice save your money. We enjoyed as my sons not used to having so much sun enjoyed the shade of it. Apart from this again they could take some advice from Aquatica.

On Board - I'm not a show type of person but have to say I enjoyed all the Disney shows very much.

Food - again don't hate me but didn't know what all the fuss was about. Thought the food in restaurants was average at best. Very slow with drinks and eating took forever. Due to this we ate mainly at Topsiders where the service was excellent and much better than our assigned dining.

Boys loved the cinema and went frequently. Went to kids club twice and enjoyed but this was about quality time with me so didn't push them.

Spa - again sorry to say the rain forest room was lovely and had two treatments which on comparison to what I have in the UK was again very average and at appalling prices also had a very hard sell to purchase products. This was a shame as I did want to buy but the hard sell just wanted me to run out. Also had a very hard sell for the tip again really off putting.

Just to sum up had a wonderful time and was a holiday I will always remember. Would I do Disney again maybe not only because I have done it and would like to try another.

Publication Date: 10/31/10