Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Mrstagred: Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean-Oct 16-23

Mrstagred
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean-Oct 16-23

Sail Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We visited our local travel agent about 2 years ago and talked to her about booking a cruise. She suggested the Carnival Dream and since we had never cruised before, we agreed. We were very excited and waited almost 18 months after booking to go. I was not disappointed by any means but I guess I had expected a bit more. Not sure if it was our fault for not preparing ahead of time to know what to expect or not. I think the problem that happened to us was this, during the initial tour of the ship we booked a spa treatment instead of going to the cruise director's show. First off we didn't know there was a cruise director's show until the next day (we watched it on TV) as we did not consult the ships paper (Did not see this until later). Don't get me wrong, the spa treatment was wonderful and we were very relaxed the first night but it was the first night and I had hoped to do something else. The only suggestion I would make at this time would be that the spa personnel might be a bit More more considerate when booking your treatments. If there is something going on during the time they are booking your treatment instead of just booking it. We didn't know the difference until the next day.

I took advantage of the spinning class during our first day at sea. I recommend that you sign up for any and all classes for the duration of the cruise on embarkation day if you want to do them as they fill up quickly.

I went to the shopping talk which ended up being beneficial to us but wouldn't recommend it unless you are going on a cruise with the intention of buying something. Once again,I did not know what I was getting myself into but it worked out in the end. Domenica was very helpful and I wouldn't have met her and known who to talk to if I had not gone to the show.

The dinners were wonderful and our waiter and staff were very attentive. If there was anything wrong with what we chose, it was fixed right away. If you have the chance to eat in the Crimson Dining Room, go by and see Gene.

I only saw our room steward (never got his name) in the hall ways and once when they were cleaning our room. Did not have much interaction with them at all. The showers were roomy which I had been informed were small and cramped. The room was nice and there was plenty of closet space.

The fun team is great as they seem to have so much energy. My favorite was Greg aka Gumby. I would recommend participating in the digital scavenger hunt. It was a great way to see things on the ship that you didn't know were there. The trivia games are quite fun as well. Would avoid bingo unless you are an avid bingo player.

The shows at night were great but would recommend arriving early (especially for the comedy shows) if you want a good seat. The adult comedy starts to fill up about 45 mins before the show.

Overall the trip was amazing and we arrived home rested and relaxed. I will definitely go again. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Riviera 1425

We were on deck 1 which is the bottom of the ship. As first time cruisers it was fine. Not sure if I would upgrade to a balcony but a window next time would be nice. The cabin was roomy for the two of us. There was plenty of closet and drawer space. Recommend putting the suitcases under the bed. Was always clean. A bit noisy as you are in the bottom of the boat and you hear the engine noises but not too bad. It was more of a low hum until you were in port. The morning we arrived in Costa Maya was very loud as we were docking at 5:00 in the morning.

Belize - Did the Mayan Ruins tour- 2 hrs to the ruins and 2 hrs back. The ruins were wonderful but the hosts over did it. There were two on our bus and one spoke for 1 hr and then the other spoke for 1 hr on the way there. The tour of the ruins was beautiful but unless you really want to see them, might be something to avoid. The lunch was good but then again we were hungry! The tour operator talked again on the way back for about 45 mins - 1 hr as well. We did get in a nap though. Again this is something that if you have mobility issues, you would want to avoid as there is a lot of walking on uneven surfaces.

Costa Maya - This was my favorite place. We did the Dune Buggy and Beach tour - definitely recommend this one! The tour guides were awesome and the beach was BEAUTIFUL! Driving the Dune Buggy was fun too. If you go, tell Omar and Adrian hello!

(5.5)
Cozumel - Did the Amazing Cozumel Race - highly recommend this if you do not have any mobility issues as there is a lot of quick walking/running involved. This depends on how competitive you are too. Great way to see different parts of Cozumel that you might not see otherwise. The hostesses were awesome. Remember to stay seated on the little boat until it docks...Learned a lesson the hard way. Didn't get wet but did get bumped.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
Honduras - Did the Jolly Roger Boat trip - This was worth every penny in my book. Both my husband - who has never been snorkeling - and myself had a wonderful time. Rained during the second part of the tour so we didn't see the monkeys but that was by our choice.

Read 1642 Roatan Reviews