Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by max2000: Carnival Destiny Oct 23 2010
Overall Member Rating
Carnival Destiny Oct 23 2010
Destination: Western Caribbean
Went to the Port of Miami at 11:00am on Saturday
1. Destiny has mechanical problems, carnival offers us 15.00 for lunch, good luck if you have carry on, you will have to go through the security again if to decide you want lunch.
2. Now that its 2:30pm they now tell us we will be switching port of calls, Grand Caymen to Key West and they will be giving a 50.00 credit or we can cancel,, tried to cancel they will let you but you loose the prepaid parking of 100.00, plane fair, dog boarding not to mention your vacation....
3. We finally board at 4:30pm-5:00pm..... great we are on our way!!!
4. Why is the casino and stores open yet?? maybe because we are still in port!!!
5. Hey we are leaving 1am we are finally leaving..... wait this is day 2???
1. We arrive at Key West at 12:00 enough said,, its Key West and im walking around with 3 young children,,,,,
2. Dinner, Fantastic this was the highlight More of the cruise, our waiter was GREAT his name Koran Nengah, table 585......
3. Went to the show, it was as expected, the piano bar guy Larry was a hit!! Was highlight number 2.......
Day at sea!!! enough said.
Day 4 still annoyed about Day 1,, did you read it yet?? But we are in Jamaica
1. Booked a Tour through Wentworthtours... The best time we have ever had in Jamaica and for the best price,, Tubbing and Dunns for 50pp including entrance fees....which are 35.00 them selves.. a great tour that lasted 6hours,,,,,,
2. Night as expected,
Day 5 day at sea, as expected!!!
Next Day We are Back to Miami
1. Get off the ship,, wow 3000 people getting off at once,, but still expected.
2. Get our luggage,, Wait once piece is smashed, the Luggage guy laughs and asks where is our car..
3. Get home, call Carnival,, Tell them we have damaged luggage,, response, to bad you should have reported it at the pier, NO HELP AT ALL... asked if we would get any kinda of future cruise credit for losing a day, answer NO,,, Ask if I can speak to a supervisor,, was told no and they would not transfer....
Im a 8 time Carnival traveler, the staff on the ship should be the ones that handle the phones since they are obviously more trained in customer service.
I wont be making trip 9 with Carnival, not because of the issues but because of the response I recieved when I asked about the issues, Less
Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>
Cabin review: 6B2278 Oceanview
Cabin 2278, nice size I cant complain we had 5 in this cabin..Read All Oceanview (6B) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Not Our Dream Honeymoon
Jewel out of dry dock and stil...
Oasis Wowed Me !
Very Nice Cruise
Wonderful Last Sailing - Comed...
A Transatlantic Pleasure