Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Pandabeartx

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8F
Value-for-Money 5+

The Dream is a Dream
Having read various reviews before the cruise, I was wary and a little afraid of what this cruise would be like. There were so many bad reviews I wondered if we were going to have a good time. The worrying was for nothing. The whole ship was great. The timing of the cruise may have a lot to do with it, or maybe parents had control of their children. The biggest complaint was that there were kids running around and being mischievous. We did not encounter anything to complain about even though we were told that there were at least 500 kids on board.

The smell, What smell? Never encountered the odor that people had complained about.

Embarkation a breeze. Debarkation even better, wish I had let DH book an earlier flight. Since our flight was not until 5pm, we were on the last batch to debark.

We were at the airport by noon.

Food was great and as usual too much. I noticed that the portions at dinner in MD were larger than I remember. Main dishes were always good, but the sides could use improvement. Buffet lines were no worse than our last RCCL cruise on a much smaller ship; however I didn't appreciate them separating the omelet line from the meats and breads on the last 4 days. Deli, Grill, Pasta Bar, Mongolian are all top notch, did not try the Tandoori. Favorite is the Pizza. Carnival cruise lines have the best pizza, and only line I have found that has daily sushi. Sea day barbecue was the best, everything was good.

The pool areas were very nice and we never had problems finding seats near the water. Only complaint is that the hot tubs were only lukewarm. The water slides are not only for kids. Glad to see we were not the only adults taking advantage.Showers on the deck by the pools are a great asset.

Overall I am very satisfied with a wonderful cruise on a beautiful ship. The only thing is that I would have liked more time on the ship because I never made it to the spa or the gym.

Looking forward to doing it again. Maybe the Eastern Caribbean next time.

Publication Date: 10/28/10