“Celebrety Solstice”

Fykar01
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Check in in Port Everglades went real well, even though the check-in personnel acted unnecessary brusque at times. But it was fast! On board we paused at the 5th deck in the lounge to enjoy our welcome drink, and had music from the loudspeakers mixed with the live pianist playing at deck 3!

A new, clean and well kept ship! This being our first go at Celebrity, we were generally satisfied, however there were a few things we would like to see better.

I believe this is the first ship where we were not able to walk around the ship on the promenade deck. I don't count the track at deck 14, where you have to walk on display between sun chairs if you decided on that option!

Staterooms were nice and clean and balcony was very spacious.

The dress code is a farce. I opted for the subtle version; dark suit i.s.o. tux, and I am glad I did! On the formal nights it was anything goes! Jeans, no jacket, no tie; I felt sorry for the ones who wore tux's, they really must have felt out of place! We actually brought it to their attention, and the answer was that they were aware of the problem, but didn't have enough dinner jackets to hand out! Well, the program and dining room attire requirements are published in advance, so --- eat somewhere else if you don't want to pack a suit!

The food was good, the Ocean View cafe; excellent! However, music was blaring at you from every loudspeaker, and it became annoying! When we go for breakfast or lunch, it is to enjoy a quiet meal with family or friends, not to listen to Whitney Houston, or any other artist, at full strength!

The staff was friendly, but in some instances we wandered if the Captain was hired as a comedian or The Master of the Ship?

We thought the space on board could have been used more efficiently! There are no sports bars for neither football, baseball or soccer. Unless you want to sit in the Casino bar and watch it to the tunes of the slot machines!

The Master Wine Cellar was empty every night! Waste of space!

The weather played tricks on us, but the company handled that very well and we got our monies worth!

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Solstice Review
Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?