“First cruise. Had really nice time”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

kypink Carnival Elation 5 First cruise. Had really nice time
kypink
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I booked a cruise on Carnival Elation sailing from Mobile Alabama and stopping in Cozumel, Mexico and Calica, Mexico. I went with my sister and a group of her friends.

Embarkation: Really horrific. It was one long line after another. We got to sit down a while. Then, they called us so we could go stand in line for a long time instead of sitting and relaxing. I just thought it was totally disorganized and needed more workers or something.

Public rooms: really nice and always clean. They were very pretty rooms. I thought Tiffany's was really nice and the main dining room we ate in looked really nice. I constantly saw the crew cleaning rest rooms and bussing tables in Tiffany's.

My sister,another lady, and I had an interior cabin. It was not real big but had enough room for our luggage and to fit our needs. I loved the bedding and found it comfy. The room was always cleaned good.

Dining: loved the food. The warm melting chocolate cake was a chocolate lovers dream dessert. The waiter was really nice and we really liked him. Some of the stuff in Tiffany's was disappointing but most of it was good.

I didn't go to many of the shows. I did go to see one comedy show and it was good. People I traveled with went to see the other comedy show and really liked him.

I loved Cozumel. In Calica, I got to go on an shore excursion to shopping markets in Cancun. That was very interesting.

Deembarkment was terrible. We were suppose to leave our room at 8:30 a.m. and we did not get done with the process till after 11:00. It involved long lines and one cranky Carnival woman getting hateful with us.

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?