Carnival Dream Cruise Review by punkin35: Dreamin October 16-23

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Dreamin October 16-23

Sail Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

The Dream is beautiful! I traveled with a mobility scooter due to ankle surgery prior to the cruise. We were one of the first ones on the ship due to this, which was really nice! Lunch was ready and fresh when we boarded at 11:00. Port Canaveral really has the embarkation down pact! Quick and easy. This was our 2nd time out of this port, both times were great.

The ship never seemed to be too overly crowded despite the fact there is 4000 people on board. We were always able to get a chair on the lido deck and the food lines were not too bad. Breakfast time seemed to be the busiest.

The food and service in the dinning room was great! We tried the Chef's Art steakhouse one night. Worth every penny!! It was divine, fabulous, delicious!!

The ship was nicely decorated, but there was not really any extra pizzazz to it like I thought there might be. However, still a beautiful ship!

My 6 year old never wanted to leave camp carnival this time. He got mad More every time we came to pick him up!! That is a good thing! Our 9 year old did not seem to like it as much this time. We did not allow her to sign herself in and out, so I think that lots of the kids her age were able to do that and there were never many kids there for her to play with. But, she loves to go to the shows and hang with us anyway.

Overall, the Dream was a dream trip. Despite the fact my scooter broke midweek and my dear hubby had to push me around in a manual wheelchair the rest of the week. I think I would have enjoyed a little more had I been able to walk, but still had a great time!! DH and I did go to the serenity deck one night and it is awesome!! The hammock is great and the furniture is so pretty, I could have slept up there!!

We would definitely cruise the Dream again!! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Oceanview Panorama 11202

It was really nice to get the free upgrade to the spa cabins, which did include the spa amenities. However, if I would have paid for this room I would not have been happy. The room itself was great. It was really big and the bathroom was tiled and really nice. The room was surrounded on three sides by doors which were constantly being slammed. There was also a storage room of some sort outside which was very noisy. The gym treadmills were right about the room and you could occasionally hear them. We were not in the room much, so it was not too bad. It usually was pretty quiet after 10pm. However, don't expect to sleep in much in this room because the noise begins early!!

We opted to stay on the ship this day since it was a tender port and I was in a scooter.

LOVE IT!! Best beach spot by far!

Costa Maya has a wonderful pier and port with a nice pool. However, don't just stay there. Take a cheap, quick cab ride to Mahaula. It is so wonderful and relaxing there. The food was a little higher price than it was on our last trip two years ago, however, the free tequila shots made up for that!

The family rented wave runners and we all took a boat out to the reef and snorkeled for a very reasonable price. About what one excursion for one person through the cruise line would cost.

I could just sit on the beach all day in Costa Maya. The natural reef breaks the big waves from coming in and the water is so clear. The snorkeling was wonderful here. We saw many colorful fish and a huge starfish! The beach is paved with little shops and restaurants. The locals can become bothersome at times trying to sell there goods, but you can get really great deals there on your souvenirs.

This was our 4th cruise and our 4th trip to Cozumel. The first time we booked an excursion through Carnival. The 2nd & 3rd times we rented a jeep and snorkeled on our own. This time we wanted to do something different. We went to Paradise Beach. It was really nice. The kids and hubby loved the water toys. While I laid in the beach chair and read a book.

It was not too crowed and I was able to make the short walk to the beach chairs. We did not eat here, the food seemed really pricey, but most of Cozumel is. We paid about $26 for round trip cab fare and $12 pp for use of all the water toys on the beach. I only had to pay $2 for the beach chairs.

Overall, this was a nice day at the beach. We looked around the pier before heading back to the ship. Not before we all had balloon hats made at Fat Tuesdays!!

Read 3142 Cozumel Reviews

LOVED THIS PORT!!! We did the Victor Boden private tour. $100 for a driver for the entire day. They take you on a tour of the island and wherever you want to go. Ronald was our guide. He took atop a mountain where they are building a new golf court. It was so beautiful from up there. We got to see the beauty and the not so beautiful parts of the island, which was a great experience.

The family zip lined at Victor's place and had a blast. Reasonably priced pp and we bought a photo CD for $20. The guide also took my camera and got some great photos for me since I could not go.

When they returned we got to experience the monkeys! The kids were given fresh coconuts to drink by our guide after zip-lining...well, the monkeys loved those! they were all over us. It was a lot of fun and we took some very cool pictures!

We had lunch at West Bay beach club. The food was expensive and just ok, but the scenery was great! None of the beach clubs on the island are as you would expect in the coast states, not commercialized and we loved that!

We hit a local shop for souvenirs, then back to the pier. Carnival owns the pier and it is really very pretty there. Did a little shopping and found some great deals at Parana Joe's.

I highly recommend the Victor Boden private tour. Well worth the money and the history and knowledge of the driver who has always lived on the island was priceless!

Read 1661 Roatan Reviews