Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by AirBusPat: Queen Mary 2 We have a friend for life

AirBusPat
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Canada & New England Cruises

Queen Mary 2 We have a friend for life

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

A few years ago we saw the QM2 on a rare visit to San Francisco. It was a wonderful day and it seemed like the whole bay area came out to greet her. I was so impressed that I knew we would sail on her one day.

Not wanting to do a transatlantic voyage because of all the problems with getting to and from the UK, I found a sweet little five day cruise round trip out of New York. This was perfect for us as we could care less where the ship stops. As far as I'm concerned the QM2 was the destination.

This was cruise number 23 for us. Up to now our favorite ships have been much smaller and have sails. Star Clipper and Windstar. Of course being on the QM2 is a much different type cruise environment.

I'll keep this short and to the point. We love this ship and plan to sail again on her ASAP, which do to another cruise we have planned will be 2012. The food was great,service excellent,ships amenities and just about everything else was fabulous. Boarding and More disembarkation was a breeze and the tenders worked well. Our cabin was quiet and comfortable and we had a fantastic room steward. I can't think of a single thing we didn't like about the QM2.

I want to also say that this is the first cruise we have ever been on where we got a $100 room credit out of the blue along with two bottles of Champagne that we enjoyed very much.

The QM2 is a great ship and one that will be around for many years. In our 20 years of cruising we feel like we have made a friend for life and can't wait to see her again. "Long live the Queen"

Pat + Mindy

San Francisco,CA Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Premium Balcony - Sheltered Deck 6 6086

Cabin # 6086 Sheltered balcony. Deck 6 nice cabin, no complaints. Great cabin for a T/A. If in warm weather next time I would do a regular balcony.