Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by michellesmom

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by michellesmom
Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: michellesmom
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Celebrity Summit Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Celebrity Summit and Fall Color
Just returned from Oct 10 sailing to Canada/New England aboard the Summit. My husband describes the 14 day cruise as "adequate". The staff was great but overworked. The ship is tired and needs lots of help. There are too many people crammed into the Cosmopolitan Restaurant making it noisy and the service slow. We were first seating but never left before 8 PM. Entrees took 40-50 minutes to arrive after appetizers and salad. Most evenings entrees arrived at 7. Food was good adequate but not great. Tender service was terrible. Lines were long, excusrsions were off the ship first and the rest of us were finally able to leave right around noon. Second tender port was cancelled due to weather so don't know if that would have improved. Our mattresses were so awful we had to ask to have them replaced. Huge dip in the center and again at the edge-one bad wave and we would have rolled for the hole in the middle to right off the bed. The ship's windows were dirty and difficult to see through. I remember when the windows were cleaned at every port stop. Bathrooms were not up to par and carpet in cabin was worn and dirty. It seems the ship is going for work in May so all maintenence has been put on hold.

Internet cafe was a nightmare. After purchasing a package I was able to log in twice and then not able to log on to my wireless computer again. I asked staff for help. After trying various setting the Internet attendent said my computer was not compatible so it would not work. I asked for a refund of the package fee and was told sorry we don't do that. Visited guest relations and after much discussion was told I would get a refund for the unused minutes. When it didn't appear as a credit on the bill I again went through the entire process with guest services. 2 hours later I received a phone call from the Internet Cafe manager with an apology and was told it had been credited. I had to resort to my broadband card as I still had business to conduct and accrued a $1500 Verizon bill. On the last day of hte cruise I went back to the Internet Cafe hoping I could use that service since I didn't want to incur any more Verizon charges. I explained the entire issue to the young man and he responded-"didn't anyone enter the correct IP address in your computer for you?" He did that and the computer worked. It is upsetting that Celebrity advertises wireless Internet but doesn't have the staff that can resolve the issues.

After 10 years of Celebrity cruising we will be trying another cruise line for our next trip.

Publication Date: 10/26/10