Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by nalaturb

Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: nalaturb
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 1B
See More About: Celebrity Summit Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Celebrity Summit Let-Down
My wife and I have just returned from a 14 night Canada,New England cruise on Celebrity Summit.First I'll say she is a beautiful ship...our cabin was a little larger than other balcony cabins we have had on various cruiselines...the entertainment;especially the production shows; were outstanding....the crew was very friendly...now for the letdown....the food was mediocre at the best of times...we personally experienced cold and overcooked or undercooked main courses...overheard many complaints about the food...noticed many items being returned for various reasons....the elapsed time between courses was quite extreme;up to 20 minutes at times;....the food in the Waterfall Grill left a lot to be desired...for some unknown reason there was never any "flow" to this eatery...food stations were located in odd

positions creating a confusing layout..after 2 weeks I still couldn't remember where to find certain items...mealtime in the Waterfall Grill was a chaotic experience....the room just didn't seem large enough to accommodate 2000 people especially on sea days...given the typical climate on this route most of the outer portions of the ship were not used..forcing everyone indoors...that has a lot to do with overtaxing the resources....overall we both enjoyed the ports of call and the cruise itself....I've never been on a cruise I didn't like,but I do prefer warm climate cruising where one can just lay around the pool and relax.We also found Celebrity Summit lacking in onboard activities....enough said I think...It's a personal choice...hope Celebrity can solve some of the mentioned dining issues...I personally rate Holland America and RCCL above Celebrity based on my experiences.

Publication Date: 10/26/10