“Costa Fortuna ship”

Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I had high expectations with Costa cruise lines and was a little disappointed. Costa is a luxury cruise lines with the Europeans, not Americans. It doesn't compare to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. The ship was VERY warm...all temperatures are strictly controlled so it was a bit uncomfortable. Dining area, lounges, and casino were all warm and nothing could be done. Smokey in most public areas. Cruise line doesn't control children in the adult pool area as there were many children in the pool. It was not very relaxing as everything was rushed and it was like herding cattle everywhere. Long wait in the disembarkation area with no where to sit.

One day at sea was chaotic in food areas: long lines, no where to sit and eat and lido deck outside was very congested. Length of stay in ports of call were very limited. Time on the beautiful islands of Santorini and Mykonos were limited also. Mykonos was in the evening so you couldn't even take in the beauty of the island.

Staff was just OK; not real attentive. We had to remind and ask our cabin steward for several things plus we barely saw him. I didn't have these experiences on other cruise lines. Dining staff forgot things and I had to remind them every night to bring me my bottle of wine. The food was nothing impressive and I thought menu selections were limited.

Cabin rooms were OK and fairly comfortable and quiet. Formal nights on ship weren't very formal so don't waste your money purchasing nice attire! Europeans were very casual for the two formal dinners. Plan to spend a lot of money too just for bottled water! For the money, I'll stick with Celebrity or Royal Caribbean next time!

Costa Fortuna Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

E2
Cabin was OK. Spacious enough for 2 with a separate sitting area. Room had a window which was even nicer. Bathroom always had an odd smell. Not enough hangers are provided in the closets as only a few are provided so bring your own!

Port
Dubrovnik is a beautiful city. Recommend paying the 10 euros to walk along the wall that surrounds the city. Most beautiful views of the sea that are breathtaking. All of the shops accepted the Euro.

Port
Only had about one hour of daylight in Mykonos so we missed most of the beauty. Wouldn't recommend seeing any port in the evening. Would have liked to had time to walk to "Little Venice" in Mykonos as I heard it was very nice but it was a distance away and didn't want to do it in the dark.

Read 696 Mykonos Reviews
Port
All I saw in Rhodes was shops! Reminded me of Tijuana, Mexico with the mecca of shopping. Did not take an excursion at this port.

Read 310 Rhodes Reviews
Port
Santorini was beautiful but would have liked more time. Had to wait in a very long line to take the cable car back to the ship...it was either that or share 600 steps down with mules and their waste!

Port
Venice was the disembarkation port and would have loved more time here. Only had a few hours and that wasn't enough time to shop and see the sites.

Read 938 Venice Reviews
Published 10/26/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Fortuna Review
Costa Fortuna Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?