Carnival Elation Cruise Review by Heidi the Red: Carnival Elation 10/14/10

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Elation 10/14/10

Sail Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Mobile

Pros:

- VIP check-in made getting on and off the ship a breeze. It also spoiled me for future cruises!

-Carnival did a FANTASTIC job of seating us at a table with like-minded travelers for dinner.

- Our dinner server, Royston, surprised us on our final night by bringing us Creme Brulee - a selection not on our menus ever, which we pouted hard about. That was going the extra mile, for sure!

-The room was GORGEOUS and Darwin, our steward, was nice as could be.

Cons:

- The Internet only worked half of the time and not when I needed it most, the day before the trip ended so I could check on flights. This issue was further frustrating because I would have had to check in with the Internet employee to get a refund - but I was at dinner during her shift so I never did get a partial refund.

- A souvenirs bottle of tequila that was delivered to our room on the final night was leaking all over the counter and destroyed. Housekeeping More insisted it was fine when they put it there, which may be the case, but it was certainly laying on it's side in a pool of liquor when we got back to the room. A case of pointing figures that front desk appeared unwilling to rectify.

- Some of the food left a LOT to be desired, especially in room service and the cheeseburgers. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Suite Upper U97

Our cabin was fantastic! I appreciated the walk in closet and the many outlets for all of our gadgets. I always travel with a power strip but didn't need it. The room was very comfortable and, mostly, clean. (We did receive "complimentary" left over muffins in our fridge. ick.) It would have nice to have a mini-bar in the room to put all of the glassware to use! My travel companion was a first time cruiser so she does not appreciate how special it was to have a bathtub. I had heard other guest complaining about being unable to regulate the temps in their room but we were always comfortable. I do not know if that was our steward at work or just their bad luck.