MSC Poesia Cruise Review by kysen

Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Kiel
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 1
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
THEY SIMPLY CANNOT PULL UP THEIR SOCKS
I was going to write a lengthy and detailed review, but then I found AndrewK had jumped the gun on me,in that all the details he gave about the Transatlantic cruise are factually correct.All I can do is to add to the negative sentiments expressed in his review.

We are 3 couples travelling on Deck 11,inside cabins 11004,11008 and 11016.

As such we had virtually exclusive use of the wrap around balcony in the front of Deck 11. Not many passengers are aware of this balcony which give you views of both sides of the ship.It appears this was the only positive experience.

We are Gold Class Club Members, which according to the MSC Brochure offers members special benefits interalia to include:

Special Check in Area, on embarkation.

Personal escort on embarkation to your Cabin,by crew.

Dedicated service point on the ship

Free Fruit basket in Room to be topped up as required.

Needless to say none of these services were provided. The staff could only offer a blank stare,but no explanation.I even spoke to the Head Concierge Stefan, but he suggested I should submit a written complaint to MSC Head office.I will not waste my time,knowing that nothing will happen to resolve the matter.

On several days at the start of the cruise, we were without hot water in our cabin,the soap dispenser did not work properly and the inroom safe played up.

We were told that they are having problems with heating the water.The soap dispenser was eventually replaced and the inroom safe never worked,nothwithstanding the service person trying to rectify the problem.

Sadly I have nothing positive to add to AndrewK's woes.

I wrote a negative report on our previous Atlantic cruise from Ft.Lauderdale to Kiel in May last year. Sadly nothing had improved.In my opinion MSC could not care about their passengers, in that they know they will suck in more passengers next time, with their 2 for 1 deals.In my last review, I said MSC need to PULL UP THEIR SOCKS. They have certainly not done so. We have done several long haul cruises with MSC. Never again. Give MSC a miss. Go for Princess Cruises.A Company par excellence.MSC is trying to woe passengers with their 2 for 1 offer.However passengers will soon find that the MSC bad service will put them off.

Publication Date: 10/24/10