Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by fafa123

Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Palm Beach
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 7

You get what you pay for
This was my first cruise and was going with 5 girlfriends for one of their birthdays,and could only get away for a couple of days so we thought this would be a great way to celebrate. It was a small cruise ship, and we had the small inside coach cabin. We separated into three groups of two for the cabins, and the first group got an upgrade earlier for complications in the purchasing of their tickets, the second group complained about the size of their cabin and received an upgrade, my group stayed in our cabin, cause we're only going to use it for sleeping and showering and called it "The closet". It was small but you get what you pay for. Although we had the lowest class of rooms we had the best porter, he was right there when ever we asked for something, and every time I was going to or from the cabin he was somewhere near and asked if we needed anything. The other two groups saw theirs only once.

My favorite two parts of the cruise was the helpfulness of the employees and the quality of the food. The employees were always there if anything was needed and with a smile. The food was great, four of us ate at the Crystal Room the first night, and two at the The Cove (for an extra up charge). The group at The Crystal Room enjoyed the food, the other two complained about theirs. The second night we ate at The Rio, the food there was also delicious. The ship was very clean, I even saw my porter scrubbing walls outside my room when I was going to bed after midnight.

My main disappointment was the lack of entertainment. There some shows and activities, but it always seemed as though you had to wait around for them to start. If you are looking for a economical vacation and a quick getaway this would be an ok cruise to go on, but don't get your expectations up, this isn't one of those cruise ships you see on the commercials.
Publication Date: 10/24/10