Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Cruisinmama13

Cabin Category: I1
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

17th Cruise, 1st NCL, Group of 23, would do it again!!!!!
Well, I was nervous about NCL after hearing and reading so much, and needless to say, there was no need for worry.

We traveled with a group of 23, from first time cruisers, seasoned cruisers, and had singles, couples and families with us. Out of the 23, 19 would sail this ship again, the other four would like to try a different line, but did enjoy themselves.

was pretty quick, I'd say approx 30-45 min from arriving at the dock to getting on the ship and eating at O'Sheehans. Lunch was great, meatloaf, salad, chicken fingers, mozz sticks, fish and chips really great and chicken pot pie were the choices by our crew.

Life boat drill a breeze, no wearing of life jackets, quickly explained and checked off easily.

FOOD

Buffet-one of the best in all my cruises, crepes every night, how awesome is that!!!! Make your own pasta, great, real pine nuts, super impressive. We actually were NOT bored of the lunches everyday, we're amateur foodies so we LOVE food, so if we could find something every day, ANYONE could.

We did the cirque show for dinner one night-I definitely recommend, the filet was cooked perfect for me, medium, and shrimp grilled nicely. One downside, is the rude Asian woman at the front and one couple in our party had an issue w/ a waiter. We were fine, but some of the staff was a little rude.

We loved the Sushi restaurant-godzilla roll was great

The Noodle Bar was great too.

Manhattan Room=just ok. My fish was ok, my hubby's steak ok, my uncle's was raw and cold. My daughter's and son's turkey was ok, rude older people dancing too.

Taste-we went on lobster night unintentionally. It was seriously great. I can normally pack away a few tails, but the grouper was so tasty and the sauce great, that I held back and just ate one plate.

La Cucina-we were the loud birthday party group LOL. 17 of us got together for my birthday and it was sooo great. The risotto, pork saltimbocca, calamari and tiramisu excellent. They made me a special chocolate cake for my bday which was wonderful!!!!!

I think we need to do it again just so I can eat at the other restaurants!!!!!!

ENTERTAINMENT:

This BY FAR surpasses any cruise line, I truly don't care what anyone says, not to see any more impressions of "Grease" was sooo wonderful.

We did Blue Man and Legends, both I had seen in Vegas or AC and wasn't too overwhelmed with. On the ship, WAY better, it was a 45 min show for Legends and over an hour for Blue Man, the performers were great, my little ones loved both and they got to meet them after the shows too!!!!!

SHIP IN GENERAL:

Very well laid out w/ one major exception.....the 6th floor, going through the smokey casino stunk, but not something to get me all hot and bothered. I have a 3yr old and a 9 month old, so b/t the stroller and Baby Bjorn we trucked through quickly and got where we needed to go.

We loved the pool deck w/ the slides and pools. We did the slides, rock climbing and repelling wall, fake ice skating and pools. My kids loved the pools and so did we.

ROOMS:

We LOVED the layout, it's efficient, think about it, one person in the shower, one in the bathroom, one brushing their teeth. It worked fabulously for us, we had four of us in an inside cabin. Plenty of storage. My only complaint, the toilet seats were tiny, I had to hold my 3yr old and 9 month old on, they couldn't just sit on there without falling in.

SIDE NOTE

We did not use the kid's club. I know some people did and liked it. We personally keep our kids with us all the time. SO, we were those people bowling with kids until midnight and loving it!!!!!

PORTS

I've been doing the Carib for 25 years, so the ports weren't new. But, we did take the Red hook ferry to St. John, which was fantastic, $6/each way, plus some cab rides and we were in Cinnamon Bay, beautiful!!!!!!

OVERALL

It was seriously a fabulous cruise. We had a great group, a bunch of celebrations, people and fun. It is truly whatever you make your vacation out to be. But, we had a ball. We were so relaxed, loved the anytime dining and restaurants and would do this ship again for SURE!!!!!!

Publication Date: 10/22/10