Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by rob84

Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: rob84
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: B3
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Lost On Board
I have traveled the gamut-Crystal ,HAL,Celebrity,Royal Carib ,Princess and Carnival ,but never the Cunard line.

Perhaps I should have gone 1st class Princess Grill. The problem I had was service.At breakfast I asked for water twice. The waiter never bothered to fulfill that request. At dinner I asked for an iced tea for myself and my wife. The waiter said he would have to make a trip two floors down to get the iced tea. I could tell there would be a huge delay. I said "forget it."

OK. For the dinner service I am used to 2 waiters handling one table- one waiter and 1 busboy. Not so anymore. They was just one waiter for the two tables. And when he went with the plates, he brought up 3 - then a delay for the other 3 plates to come.

Now what really got me upset was making the reservations 4 months in advance and getting confirmation for a table of 10.(5 couples). Well the best they could do was a table of 6. (But they did get the tables next to each other.)

Another problem was watching the baseball playoffs or football games.Forget about it.They have BBC and Sky News and Fox News -that is it.

Now what was good on board the ship. Not the entertainment. Our friends walked out. Way too stiff and formal. What I liked was the Duplicate Bridge, the teas, and a few other activities. And the other people on the cruise we met were great.

Would I travel Cunard again. No! The other cruises were better.

This was my 16th Cruise . My wife has gone about 40 times. We both have decided to find other means of travel until things get better. Maybe it is just the economy.

Publication Date: 10/21/10