Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by markddad

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

Departed 10/10/10 from Port Canaveral
My wife has been a travel agent with American Express for 27 years and has NEVER cruised!!!

We had an chance to book the criuise a year ago, because my Niece was the Maid of Honor for a wedding in St.Thomas (which cancelled a week before by the way)and the prices were awsome!

We jumped at the chance.Arrived the day before wia Delta with our party of 8, and used Travelynx--found online--had to book from Orlanod Int.Airport to the Courtyard Coco Beach--Dave from Travelynx was there waiting for us and got us quickly and safely to the hotel...adding comentary along the way and we kept him and our group in stitches!!

We requested him the next morning to get us to Freedom of the Seas at 11:30AM..again, he was prompt,and the ride was a blast!!

After check-in...apx.an hour to get from the curb to the buffet on board,we walked around and sure enough, our rooms were ready to move in! Luggage arrived after the muster drill.Our stewards name was Antonit from Jamacia..I took care of him imediately, and told him that it was my wife's FIRST CRUISE !

That was a smart thing to do...our service was above and beyond anything expected!

My wife and I supprised each other with gifts that were expected to be in our stateroom BEFORE we boarded ( Irecomend the "Romance Package"!! The cupcakes and champane never arrived-I complained to Room Service the next day...Told them to "suprise me to make up the mistake" and they certainly did !!

I won't go into details...but the more than maid up the difference in value!

Coco Kay was about as expected...great lunch, no waiting ect....

Dinners were all above average with one nite at Chops which I highly recomend.

Mary was our watress...and it was her helpers first day working a cruise ship---They were the BEST...knew our names from the first nite on and what we drank,who had coffee after dinner ect.

Go to the shopping expo on board--helped greatly with our diamond purchases.

Went to EVERY 9:00PM show and the ADULT show too...All are NOT TO MISS..esp. the ice show.

Shoped on our own in St.Thomas.

In St.Maarten we hired a driver for $250 to drive up to the airport beach, snorkeling ($10.00 - what a deal) we gave hima 50 dollar tip-- he was a retired executive from Exxon.

All in all--a great ship-great service-and a wonderful vacation!!!!

We will sail her again.

Met the Ex.Sous Chef...again a wealth of information...

After arriving in port Sunday--Dave drove us to the Space center and dropped us off-then picked us up for a 6:00PM return flight to Detroit and 48 degeree weather.....

I would highly recomend this trip!

Go Freedom....can't wait to get back on and do it again!!!

Publication Date: 10/20/10