“CARNIVAL GLORY ----- DON'T BOTHER!!!!”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

mercedes1996 Carnival Glory 2 CARNIVAL GLORY ----- DON'T BOTHER!!!!
mercedes1996
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We are experienced cruisers and, due to our timeline and desire to spend a few days in New York City, we decided to give Carnival Cruise Line a try. I must say we were disappointed from embarkation to disembarkation!!! We waited in line ~2 hours to board and, once aboard, we found our bags outside our room door(not inside). We had a balcony cabin, which we found clean and sufficient; however, our cabin steward was no where in sight. At no time during our 7-day trip did he even introduce himself to us. If, by chance, we stayed in our cabin until late in the morning, we would not receive cabin service until evening (even with a 'Request Service' tag hanging on the door). Upon returning from dinner on our last evening, we found nothing in our cabin relative to disembarkation information. I had to navigate the hallway to find the steward's pantry, bang on the door and request luggage tags and instructions... really, beyond belief!!!

The ship itself was large but not well appointed. It was hard to navigate, and the public rooms seemed remote, with no large, open expanses.

Entertainment was 'so so'.....one night good, the next tolerable. Overall, the ship's atmosphere was low key. It was anything but a charged, positive, happy environment. I have to wonder if the employees are disgruntled with Carnival.

The one bright spot was the food. It was very good. We ate in the dining room each evening, but there are many other options, including pizza, Mongolian grill, burrito bar, sushi and buffet. The formal dining room reminded me of an upscale coffee shop in decor, and the wait staff was anything but superb. We chose the dining time option, so we encountered many different servers--all impersonal and unattentive, with maybe one or two exceptions.

I don't mean to put such a negative spin on my review; however, I think that any discerning, experienced cruiser would be gravely disappointed in this cruise line and ship.

Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

Port
Very long line returning to ship. Passengers were left out in the cold while awaiting embarkation. (Some passengers waited in line for 1.5 hours.)

Read 369 Boston Reviews
Port
Very enjoyable city and tour. Long lines awaiting tour buses due to three large passenger ships in port. Smooth return to ship.

Read 469 Halifax Reviews
Published 10/20/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?