Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by loco88: Carnival Miracle

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle

Sail Date: September 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

The ship itself was nice but I was on the Ecstasy 20 years ago and I thought that ship was nicer. You would think that a newer ship would be better but not in this case. The balcony was great and since we had friends in the next cabin we had them open the divider and made one big balcony which was perfect. The beds were the most comfortable I think I have ever slept in and the pillows were just the same.

Entertainment on the boat was great and they had some really funny comedians. The casino was great for a ship casino and being that most of my group smokes it was a plus for us that you can smoke in many of the lounges and casino.

I traveled with a group of 20 people and we are a group of partiers. One item i was very disappointed in was the time the nightclub (Frankensteins) and the casino closed. The casino closed at 2am every night which I think was too early. The club closed at different times every night and it didn't seem to matter how many people were there. More Here comes the bad part...The DJ was awful. DJ Raynman was arrogant, nasty and completely unprofessional. We asked him to announce a birthday and he said he didn't have time. He ignored requests or simply stated he didn't have the song. Did he not realize we were there every night and he played the song everynight? This is gets me aggravated.

We had 2 private parties on the boat which basically means everyone chipped in about $20 or so a person and had open bar for 2 hours in one of the lounges. This was the best idea especially if you have a big group. After the first party they asked if we wanted a DJ for the second party but because of the problems we had with the DJ we opted not to hire him. FYI...There was no other DJ onboard.

The excursions were spectacular. Personally I went scuba diving, horseback riding, swam with dolphins and interacted with Sea Lions and all of it was worth the money. Getting on and off the boat was so much quicker and easier than I had expected.

Although I almost missed the boat at one port because Carnival told me to be back on the boat before 6pm and the daily paper from the boat said 5:30. Very lucky but we got back on because of the 7 friends in front of us that were also late and they were holding the boat for them.

The food was good but not great but I did have to try multiple dishes each night.

Overall I think it was a good cruise but a few simple changes would ha made it great. I am still waiting for Carnival to get back to me about my complaints. So far it has been a few days an no one has returned my calls. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Verandah 7181

We stayed in Cabin 7181 with an extended balcony. It was a great cabin and the beds and pillows were beyond comfortable. It was nice to be able to open the balcony divider since our friends were in the next room.

I went Scuba diving and then hooked up with the rest of my group later and we went to Margaritaville. It was really fun but a little on the expensive side. The bartender made a considerable amount of comments about the "white" people and even started a fight with a few people. We stayed away from him after that. Not too much time at this stop so before you know it, it was time to get back to the boat.

The next stop was Half Moon Cay but I didn't see an option to choose for that. This stop was awesome. The water was just amazing. It should have been nice to stay overnight here so you could enjoy the beach longer. We had to leave for the boat by 4pm which is just not enough time on this paradise.

Read 2646 Nassau Reviews

(5.5)
I don't know if I should rate Nassau since we spent the whole day at Atlantis in Paradise Island. It was outstanding. The deep water dolphin swim was totally amazing and the Atlantis staff was really friendly despite what the other reviews stated. We spent a few hours walking around the hotel which is truly breath taking. Then back to Dolphin Cay to swim with Sea Lions...also another amazing excursion. After that we head back to the boat (which we almost missed because we were shopping for souvenirs).

Read 2646 Nassau Reviews