Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by JessiRS2004

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by JessiRS2004
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: JessiRS2004
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Galveston
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

LOVED IT!! AMAZING!!
My boyfriend and my parents booked this cruise in March 2010.. dates were October 10-17, 2010.

We had an inside cabin (very small) and hard to wake up because it was always dark!! My parents had a cabin with a window-- i enjoyed being in their room, they had to tell me to leave a few times. Our steward, Ramil, was amazing!! He always had the cutest towel animals ready for me!! :-) and the room was always clean. Sometimes if we were in a hurry to get to dinner, we had clothes on the bed unfolded, and we would come back with them folded and in a small pile at the foot of the bed.

Dinner- I'm not much of a fancy food eater, and if I can't pronounce it, I don't order it! So I mostly ordered shrimp, crab cakes or flat iron steak (yummy).. our Team waiters, Jeffrey, Cahya, Mouhammed and Mary Grace were AMAZING..they had our preferences and names down by the 2nd night!! It was so sad hearing them sing the song "all your bags are packed- it's time to say goodbye" song on the last night!! brought me to tears!

Perks- If you are a soda drinker-- get the unlimited soda pass--- WOW $51.77 saves you money especially if the sodas are $2.85 PER CAN... wow!!! we defintely took advantage of that.. it also includes juices at the bar! We didn't drink too much alcohol because it was VERY expensive... 4 bottles of budlight was $28...

We were scheduled to hit 3 ports...

Montego Bay on Wednesday

Grand Cayman on Thursday

Cozumel on Friday

well Hurricane Paula ALMOST ruined it for us.. on tuesday the captain informed us that we would not be going to Grand Cayman or Cozumel because it wasn't safe (very understandable and appreciated).. instead we would be going to Key West Flordia... (i live in the US and paid $$$ for a passport... i dont want to go back to the US!!) Well after we got back on the ship after a long day in Montego Bay, the captain informed us that the sea was calm enough for us to continue on our original route (to grand cayman and cozumel)...

Excursions--

Montego bay- Dreamer's catamarran sail and snorkel!! WAS AWESOME--- free red stripe and rum runners, very nice employees.. ladies got a foot massage at the end.. they helped you snorkel if you didn't know how.. and they drop you off at margariteville for about 30 minutes... (we went on the street to a souvineer shop)

Grand Cayman- 7 mile beach w/ umbrella... very relaxing!! you can rent snorkel equipment there too... they sanitize it right in front of you.. but $15 to rent it for an hour.. yea.. bring your own!!! and we had enough time to do a little shopping. the people were VERY nice here.

Cozumel- no excursion we just went shopping. The people here were VERY pushy... but you can negotiate prices with them!! :-) my high school spanish kicked in and helped out a lot too!!

I just got back yesterday and I am already looking to book another cruise for 2012!!

Publication Date: 10/20/10