Norwegian Star Cruise Review by art brambila: Norwegian Star - Mexican Riviera

Norwegian Star - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: October 2004
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Run, Run, RUN!!! Don't walk! Find another ship, PLEASE! I would not recommend the Norwegian Star to my worst enemy. They sell an attractive itinerary, but, trust me, once you're on the ship, they won't take you there. They make a lot of money keeping 2200 people on board an extra full day (it's called captive consumers) to spend even more money for drinks, casino and shopping. They take $10 bucks a day for "general gratuities," but they add 15% to every drink, coke, coffee and everything else you buy on the ship. They take your money for their port charges (in our case Ixtapa) but won't return any of it when they simply announce that we're not stopping there due to "choppy waters!" What choppy waters?

On the day we were to be anchor there, the weather was warm and sunny and the water was clear and mild. We could practically wave at the people on shore as we passed Ixtapa on our way to Acapulco! Ixtapa was the main reason we booked that ship!! How's that for a rip off? And More the service? When was the last time you had to run the course of a ship following a crew man who is trying to find your room when you first arrive? And carrying your own baggage as you huff and puff listening to him swear he's "worked there for two years" and knows ever inch of the boat! He was more lost than we were! And when did you last have to clean your own bathroom while staring at a sign on the wall that says not to use towels unless you really have to?

And the food? I had better breakfasts at Denny's. Everything was so bad that people were talking about it in the elevators, the atrium, the Casinos and the bars. Finally, we asked for and, after two days, we were granted a meeting with the Director, Douglas. He looked good in his freshly-pressed uniform but he was as rude and curt as they come. Captain Bligh came to mind. It was like something out of "Mutiny On the Bounty." We wanted to know why things were so bad, why are we not stopping in Ixtapa? Why is the food so bland? And we were unceremoniously, and rudely show the door! This Norwegian Star is THE WORST SHIP I'VE EVER BOARDED. And if you don't believe me, go, I dare you, go at your own risk. This one is really BAD!!!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>