Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Cruiselady1954

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Cruiselady1954
Carnival Pride
Carnival Pride
Member Name: Cruiselady1954
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: OS
Entertainment 5+

Not the worst- but certainly won't return
This cruise was my 11th with my parents. I won't say that it was the worse trip I have ever taken- but parts of it come close.

The Embarkation process at Baltimore was fast and good. We arrived at the port( drove from Owings Mills) in about 25 minutes and paid the $105.00 and parked the car( handicapped parking).

We were through the line and in the VIP lounge and out very quickly. The gentleman that checked us in was very pleasant.My only complaint was when seated in the area to await boarding- our boarding number was called. Little did I know that everyone in VIP had #1 and the Carnival Rep making the announcement did not say file to the entrance by rows- but the very rude and obnoxious Paulette made that clear !!!!( started out the cruise with a sour note)

The Mermaid Grill is very busy all the time( ate lunch there the entire cruise), and the Grilled Reuben is really good( I was craving one today for lunch), but 2200 people in that one area is ridiculous!!!!!!!!

On roon stewards were great- room was always neat and clean- always had ice and towel animals. No complaints other that the room was freezing no matter how high we put the heat, and the balcony door whistled, but other wise the room was fantastic!

Dining room-The Normandy dining room was ok. Nothing special. Our servers seemed fine the first two days and then seemed to get rather confused with who order what and how many after that. Soup that was suppose to be hot was tepid.

Most main courses are ok- nothing special. Lobster night- it seemed everyone( at least our table mates) ordered 3 main entrees.

The photographer seemed annoyed if you didn't get a picture taken. The bar server was very polite and very helpful and more than anyone else seemed eager to please. She always had a smile and was very pleasant.

David's must not be missed. The presentation of the meats the servers and service were well worth the $30.00 per person. You were not rushed, you enjoyed each and every item from the appetizers to the dessert. It was stupendious! if I could have - would have had dinner there 3 of the 7 nights.

The entertainment was very good. The singers and dancers do a great job of entertaining. The sound however does need to be toned down some- way too LOUD! I put some tissue in my ears to handle the sound. My only complaint would be to never let Filipe- the Cruise Director near amike. He is very annoying, and he nev er referred to his assistanat by her name only her height6'3".( She escorted us off hte boat and I finally learned her name was Amy. She is very nice.

In all I would say it was a good cruise- lots of entertainment and things to do( if you like Hairy Men Contest) and you will never lack for something to do

the bigest negative is Debarcation. Your told to leave your room by 8:30 and breakfast is served until 9 in the Normandy and the 10;3 in the Mermaid Grill.

The problem is everyoner seems to go to the grill and there is no room for 2100 people there, and the you sit from about 8:45 until you leave the boat in 3 area's until your called to disembark. It was horrible !!!!!!!

All in all the ship is clean and well decorated, the staff is very friendly and pleasant. The only negative is the debarcation - and as I walk with 2 cqnes- and felt like I was in a cattle call it was horrible.

Publication Date: 10/19/10